Studying

TW: Kissing

Sarah POV
When the school day finally ended, I felt so burnt out. All I wanted to do was sleep. I was walking to Davey and my car, when I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Hey, Sarah," Katherine started as I turned around. "I was wondering if you would like to come over to my house to study today?"

"Sure!" I said immediately. My tiredness slipped away upon seeing her brown eyes.

"Great! We can leave now, if that is okay with you?"

"I'll tell Davey, but that should be fine for me!" I said, before quickly going to find Davey.

"Hey Sarah!" He said with a smile. "Ready to go?"

"About that. I am going to go to Katherine's house today to study and hang out and such, so can you tell the fam so they know?" I explained.

"Sure, and while you are there you should ask her out." Davey smirked with a wink.

"Oh shut up and worry about your own love life." I said as I lightly shoved him.

"Says you," He countered.

"Touché." I conceded. We said quick goodbyes and I ran back to where Katherine was waiting.

"Lets go!" She said as she saw me coming. Apparently she lived close to the school, so we decided to walk.

"It is so nice outside." I observed.

"I know right! And there are so many cool animals around this time of year," Katherine added.

"Yeah, and the plants are all so beautiful." I commented. I had said plants, but I was really thinking about how beautiful Katherine was. I quickly turned my head before she could sense me staring.

We walked the rest of the way to her mom's house, just talking about random things. I felt so at ease with Katherine, and I could tell she felt the same with me. You two are soulmates. My brain interjected unhelpfully.

"Here it is," Katherine said, pointing to a certain house. We walked down the driveway and to the front door. Katherine's mom greeted us, and I swore I saw her wink at Katherine, before letting us go upstairs. We made it to Katherine's room and got to studying.

"Okay, math or social studies first?" Katherine asked.

"Social studies, I am worse at it." I said.

"Really? I'm worse at math." Katherine commented.

"Huh, well then we can start with math." I quickly changed my opinion with a smile.

"Are you sure?"

"Positive." We then started studying. After about an hour, we finished math. When I looked back up form the textbook, I noticed how close we had migrated. She had started at her desk and me on her bed, but now we were both sitting on her bed, and rather close. Don't you dare gay panic. I growled to myself. This is not the time. Just focus on studying.

"Okay! Social studies timeeeeee!" I said, breaking the silence. We grabbed those textbooks and started studying once again. I noticed how we kept inching closer, and it was starting to effect me.

"Sarah! You should know this." Katherine commented with a frown. I had just gotten a rather easy question wrong, all because my brain short circuited because oh mY GOSH WE ARE SO CLOSE WE ARE ALMOST TOUCHING!

"Oh uh, yeah I do. I just, um. Yeah." I tried to use as an excuse. Katherine must have noticed how close we were, because she suddenly went silent. I was about to break it, when she did.

"Can I kiss you?" She blurted out, before smacking a hand over her mouth. I sat there in a minor sense of shock. "I am so sorry! I didn't mean that! I didn't know why I said that!"

"Oh, well I was hoping you did mean it." I said, trying to act nonchalant. I had finally broken out of the trance and been able to form words again.

"Y-you what?" Katherine gasped.

"I would like to kiss you too, if you want it." Wow I am really doing this. No backing down. Gosh I hope this works. I thought, as panic started to set in. Before it could settle inside me, I felt something. Lips on my own. And it was amazing.