Mall Trip

TW: Mention of previous abuse, mention of abusive family, minor cursing

Crutchie POV
I woke up to the sun becoming slightly filtered into my eyes. I got up and got dressed before heading downstairs. I didn't have much to do today, luckily, so today was mostly going to be my chill day. I made myself a quick bowl of cereal, nodding to Rosie who was also at the kitchen counter.

"It is finally the day I get to steal Elmer. He should come back in one piece." Rosie stated ominously. I rolled my eyes with a chuckle.

"Please keep him alive. I like my boyfriends alive," I retorted, to which Rosie just shrugged. I finished my breakfast and was heading upstairs when John caught my arm.

"Crutchie, we need to talk to you." He said. I nodded and followed him to the living room, where Sherlock sat perched in his chair.

"What is it? Am I in trouble?" I asked as I sat down.

"You are not in trouble, someone else is." Sherlock answered, somewhat cryptically.

"You remember your father?" John asked.

"How could I forget him? He is a the reason behind a lot of my trauma." I spat angrily. Why do they have to bring him up?

"His trial is soon," Sherlock added, ignoring my statement. "And they need a key witness so they can put him in jail. They need you to testify."

Rosie POV
I checked my watch and looked around once more. Elmer was about five minutes late. We had decided to meet at the mall, and we were planning on spending most of the day there. Suddenly, I saw him run up to me.

"I'm so sorry... that I'm late... I had to help... okay let me catch my breath a little." Elmer wheezed, sitting down at the table.

"Take your time," I laughed. After a few minutes he started to breath properly again.

"Okay, so I am sorry I am late. I had to help my dad set up some work things. He needs a lot more things than I expected. He is a lawyer, by the way." He explained.

"Oh. Cool. Yeah no worries," I smiled at his excuse. Seems good that he will help his parents with things. I noted. I motioned for him to follow me and we were off. We walked through the mall and I asked him a million and-a-half questions.

"Oh! Bath and body works! Do you want to go in there?" He asked, pointing to the shop. My eyes lit up and we both practically sprinted there. Both have an amazing taste in stores. I chalked down. We walked around the store, smelling their many products. I ended up buy a lotion while Elmer bought two hand sanitizers.

"One is for Crutchie, this is his favorite scent." Elmer explained when I shot him a questioning look. I grinned and pulled him farther along the mall. We ended up going to a few more stores, although we didn't buy much there.

He definitely seems perfect for Crutchie. Hell, if he wasn't dating Crutchie I would probably try to set him up with one of my friends. I joked to myself. I obviously wouldn't now, because that would totally break Crutchie's heart and trust. Closer to the end of our day, we both got a text.

"Did Crutchie just text you saying that he needs you back at the house?" Elmer asked me.

"Yeah." I answered. We both took off towards my car and hopped in, driving straight home. When we walked in Crutchie was sitting stiffly on the couch, looking straight ahead. I could hear Dad and Pop talking in the kitchen, but I tuned them out.

"Crutchie? Hey, what's wrong? Can I touch you?" Elmer asked softly. Crutchie nodded in answer to the last question and Elmer held onto his hands.

"It's my dad. His trial is coming up, and I'm going to have to testify." Crutchie explained. Elmer quickly hugged him and I joined him soon after. We all sat like this for a while. Crutchie calmed down enough to ask us what we got. Elmer excitedly grabbed the hand sanitizer and gave it to Crutchie, who smiled and hugged him. Yeah, I think Elmer is perfect for him.