Memories

TW: Mention of rules

Jack POV
I grabbed my earbuds and my phone before making a beeline to my 'art studio'.

"Jaaaaaack! I need help with this!" Race whined as I rushed past.

"Deal with it yourself." I quipped, before locking myself in my 'art studio'. I set down my earbuds and phone and looked around the room a little. My greatest memory from in here was still when Davey helped me with the flyers. I savored that memory for a moment before diving into work.

I put on a favorite playlist of mine and began. I first grabbed the paper and then came the hard part. What medium to use. I scanned my shelf, lined with many different varieties, before choosing a few different ones.

I first grabbed a pencil, for obvious reasons. I then snagged a black sharpie, the same one I always use for outlining. I picked up a alcohol marker and a water color pallet then sat down (if this makes no sense im so sorry i dont draw or paint im a writer (obviously) so idk about mediums).

What should I draw? I thought, listening to the songs dance through my head. Mostly songs I found nostalgic, which made me think of memories. Happy memories... boom. Perfect. I smiled. I picked up the pencil and started drawing.

I decided on drawing my happiest memories with LGBTQIADP+ incorporated into it. A collage of sorts! My brain supplied. I started in the center with me and Davey. Not a kiss, but just holding hands. I got the basic shape down before moving onto the next memory.

This time I used Race mostly. It was when Davey first came here. It was hilarious listening to Race list out all out different LGBTQIADP+ aspects. Crutchie and Elmer's reactions afterwards were equally hilarious.

Now was coming out to the gang. That was chaos. It started with Romeo coming out as trans, and then that created a chain reaction. Everyone came out. We learned each of us were part of the community. I made Romeo the spotlight of this one.

The next time I made Crutchie and Spot the focus. The gang had managed to sneak them away to a Pride Parade. It was their first one ever, and they were both ecstatic about it. Spot was had a gay flag cape and face paint on, while Crutchie had pan face paint. I think that is a memory nobody will forget.

I then focused on Sarah and Katherine. I didn't have a specific memory tied to this, but it was mostly to show LGBTQIADP+ relationship crushes. Because everyone in our gang knew they had a crush on each other.

Finally, I made the focus Specs, Albert, and Finch. These three had gone all out during Pride Month at our school one year. A different flag was pinned on their shirt every day, and they would post and read out facts about the gender, sex, and sexuality of the day. It was an awesome month.

I leaned back and looked over all the outlines, before snatching my sharpie. I traced over the lines carefully with the thin-tipped side, making sure it didn't bleed. I then filled in the main and bigger areas with water-color, making sure to add a cool background behind it all.

Once that was all done I went in and added highlights, shadows, and blended areas in the alcohol markers. This made it all pop and look more realistic. I finished it all off with a sharpie signature of my name. I grabbed the paper and walked outside of my 'art studio', yanking out my earbuds along the way.

"Done?" Medda asked as I walked into the living room. I nodded proudly and showed her and Race my work.

"Wow that's amazing dude!" Race exclaimed. "Look! I even have a part where I am big!" I went on to explain each specific memory tied to the drawings. I snapped a quick picture and sent it to the group chat, and the responses were glowing.

I also decided to copy it and send THAT in, so that I kept the original and still had a record of it. Even if the whole thing didn't work that was an amazing drawing.

A/N: ngl I ABSOLUTELY LOVED WRITING THIS CHAPTER EEEEE! I loved being able to make these memories