chapter eight

felt my mind break into pieces
i was fading into dust, then you grabbed me with your maddens and you woke me up

***

"Where are we going?" I ask no one in particular.

After spending almost two hours at the mall we were finally driving back home as the sun was setting and the sky was almost dark.

The windows were down with warm summer air blowing around us, and Niall was driving over the speed limit. It was quiet as the radio played lowly and we were all tired from shopping.

Looking out the open window, I watched as the small town passed by and we weren't going in the direction of mine or Juliet's house anymore.

"Zayn wants to see Li, so we're going back to ours." Louis speaks up and my eyebrows crease.

"Wait so, you guys all live together?" I question, because I honestly had no idea.

"Yeah, just us and Zayn though." Niall says shortly not mentioning their other band mate.

"Not Harry?" I'm curious now.

I see Louis shake his head "Harry has his own flat a little ways out of town." he answers then turns his head to look back at me with a quick smile.

"Guess he didn't like living with three messy boys, if you know what I mean."

That didn't sound right though, because if he has somewhere to stay, why does he say he doesn't? Was it me he was lying to, or was it everyone else?

I stay because I have nowhere else to go.
His words ring through my head.

The boys' apartment was messy, and smelt like weed mixed with disinfectant spray and incense, like they tried to get rid of the smell.

It was a small place, with two bedrooms and one bathroom. There were dirty dishes piled in the sink, and bins of clean, unfolded laundry in the hallway.

Three guitars were set up in the living room that had mixed matched furniture, and posters of naked girls and famous rock stars posted on the walls. The coffee table in front of me was cluttered with cigarette packs, ashtrays, and a large bong placed in the middle.

Juliet sits next to me and leans back on the plush cushions, obviously comfortable enough because she's been here thousands of times. I also tried to feel the same way, because I knew I could. The boys were welcoming people, and easily made you feel like their home was yours.

She flips on the television as Niall comes and sits next to us. He starts packing the bong, and Louis goes down the hallway to what I assume is his bedroom.

"When did you say Zayn was gonna be here?" Juliet asks as she flips through channels and lands on cartoons.

Niall just shrugs. "Like an hour or so, I honestly dunno." he answers.

"What does Harry need help with anyways?" she questions him again.

"Just band shit." He answers shortly and then passes her the bong which she takes without any further questions.