thirty nine

***

so she put his heart into a bag he wouldn't ask for it back, he didn't want her to cry, she didn't want to be sad, she said you better not leave me this shit will be fucked for days, and weeks, and months but i fell in love today.

***

Vada

//

I have never in my life experienced genuine heart pumping fear that runs like a cold dark stream of water throughout my entire body.

Until now.

The man in front of me is twice my size. Maybe pushing about six feet tall as tattoos run up and down his arms, bleed up his neck and up the skin on his bald head. Dark eyes are anything but friendly. They peer down at me in a chilling way and I find myself crumbling under the touch of the gun that's pressing into the side of my head.

"I'm Robbie. You remember me right? I checked in a few weeks ago, met your grandmother and everything." His tone is casual, and when he smiles I recognize the same gold tooth.

"Don't worry, I'm not gonna hurt you," He then states.

"No? Then why the fuck do you have a gun to my head?" My voice shakes as I speak, and while there's that genuine fear in me, there's also a pit of anger.

"For visual effect," He shrugs, and that's when he moves the barrel from my head and I watch as he places it back in his waistband. "Why don't you just chill out, here take a seat—"

"What the fuck do you want?" I get straight to the point.

"You're a fiery little thing aren't you?" He observes as I hold steady eye contact.

"You're the one who broke into my fucking house, so excuse me for not wanting to take a seat and have a friendly chat," I take a daring step forward.

I watch as a wider smile breaks out across his face. "Yeah, I can see why Styles is so smitten with you," He takes a step around me as he looks around the kitchen.

"I can also see why he's so interested in this whole white picket fence persona that you've got going on," His back faced me, and I started to weigh my options as my eyes glanced to the knife set on the counter and he continued to ramble on.

"You know, since he's never really gotten the whole family dynamic thing for himself." He shrugs, and then faces me again.

"And then there's you," he adds, tilting his head at me as I stay unmoving and silent.

"I get it, you like him because he's a little rough around the edges but is the same guy who gives you promises of sweet nothings the same one that I know?" He doesn't let me answer as he begins again.

"Because I sure as shit can promise that you wouldn't recognize the same conniving and relentlessness motherfucker that I see—"

"You don't know anything about him—" I try to start but he cuts me off with a laugh.

"No, and you do?" He questions. "Tell me Vada, what do you know about what happened to his mom, and his sister?" And then his words make me pause for a moment.

"What about his father?" He continued.

"I know that his parents are dead—"

"That's where you're wrong, because everything that he's told you about himself is a goddamn lie," Robbie shakes his head, that condescending smile still evident across his face.