fifty

Vada
//

My eyes meet Harry's as soon as he gets close enough.

Go, my heart beats.

Trouble takes one step toward me before Zayn, Louis and Niall hold him back by his flannel. I turn from my spot and run towards my boy.

When I get to him, he's no longer lit up and glowing like he was on stage. He's a shell of his best version as he breathes outrageously through his nose working his hardest to get his boys off his back. He manages to get one arm free, but Niall pulls him again by his shirt collar until it rips.

Zayn whispers something in his ear, trying to get him to calm down. I don't hear much but I do hear. "I know you love her but..." His lips say. "It's not worth it here—We can't get caught up—"

But Harry is relentless, he's used to doing what he does best.

The circle around us tightens as Benny heads for him, and I get pushed back when the boys can't control their leader anymore. I try to run back towards him but dainty arms keep me back, circling around my waist and keeping me from getting too far.

I push down and kick my legs, not caring who I'm hurting. "Let me go!"

"V," A voice I know too well says. "Stop."

I dig my fingernails into Juliet's hands, and elbow and squirm and stomp and yell. But the girl I call my best friend does not waver. She doesn't give up on me.

I watch Benny step up and reach for my boy. I watch the boys release Harry.

I get a clear view of trouble enduring and inflicting pain. For every blow he gives he takes. But there's more anger for his opponent than usual. I don't know what Ben told him or threatened him with but the way Harry's taking it I know it was nothing good.

At first nobody around us moves, and a small crowd of people that aren't distracted by the firework show moves in around us. I feel myself burst at every hit and every crack rumbling in the sky.

But in true Harry Styles form, the fight turns frightening really fast. The boys exchange looks wondering if they should break it up. Zayn kind of moves forward like he might, and then with one look up, his eyes land on his girl, and then to me before heading in as a challenge to let his lead singer up.

Benny struggled beneath Harry, bruised and bleeding. His knuckles are raw and the neck of his shirt is ripped. His shoes skid and dig into the concrete beneath him, trying to gain leverage, but Harry is ruthless. He will bleed to death before he gives up.

I turned in Juliet's arms. "Li, please! Let me go."

Her eyes shift to my face and back to the fight before she finally lets up. Zayn has his boy up by the shoulders but the fighter remains determined.

I immediately rush inwards and right towards Harry, pushing him back with all of my strength so he finally lets up. I hold him tight around the waist pleading with all I have until he finally calms down just a fraction.

"Vada, get the fuck out of here—" Louis demands as he steps forward.

But to everyone's surprise except my own, Harry lets me keep him where he is as his eyes are specially trained on his enemy who's still broken and bruised on the ground and people watch as he struggles to get up.