chapter seven

i know we're not the same, you're an angel
you're an angel in disguise, you're an angel in my eyes. good thing nothing lasts forever, but nights with you are better

***

"You guys gave her molly?!"

The air was foggy, and my head was starting to hurt from the loud stereo as it boomed throughout the entire smaller house. Crowds of teenagers, and young adults were surrounding, dancing, drinking, mingling, all off their faces as the day was slowly coming to an end.

I found myself sitting on someone's couch feeling the effects of the drug slowly wear off, and that's when Juliet and Zayn finally showed up to the party we've been at for probably thirty minutes.

"We all took it, chill out." Niall says from next to me sounding just as tired as I am.

Juliet's brown eyes are wide as she takes a seat next to me, and starts examining my face like a concerned mother. "Are you okay?" she asks, sitting me up placing her hands on my shoulders.

I grin lazily at her concern and place my hands on her cheeks. "I'm amazing," I reassure her as she continues frowning with worry.

"I'm sorry I left you with these assholes," she sighs and then looks at Niall as he leans his head back on the leather cushions. "I can't believe you guys got her high." She hits his arm.

Niall groans, rubbing the spot she hit. "Oh come on Li, we had a great time." he says with a smile

"Didn't we, V?" he wiggles his eyebrows.

I laugh as the energy from the drug is still in my system just a bit.  "Yeah, we rode the ferris wheel, and ate like four funnel cakes. Oh also, Niall won a fish and we named it Hot Chocolate." I laughed as I hear Niall groan from next to me.

"Oh and then Louis dared Niall to eat it, but he wouldn't so then Louis threw Hot Chocolate into the ocean—

Niall sighs dramatically from next to me. "I'm still grieving, do not mention the H word again." he puts his hands over his face.

"The H word?" Juliet says confused.

I look at her. "Hot Chocolate—" I clarify.

"V! Please!" Niall says, closing his eyes. "Hot Chocolate didn't deserve it, that bitch is gonna pay." he says referring to Louis.

I look to Juliet with a shrug. "So yeah, that was my night—"

"Where's Harry?" Niall then asks and I notice the empty seat next to him too.

"Oh, him Louis and Zayn went out back, something about sharing the last of Zayn's stash." Juliet rolls her eyes.

Suddenly Niall jumps off the couch. "Those assholes didn't even offer me some?" he almost yells. His mood suddenly changing at the mention of drugs and then disappears through the crowd of people.

"I swear if I wasn't in love with that idiot's best friend, I would have nothing to do with him." Juliet rolls her eyes at the blonde, I smile. "He's such an idiot for giving you that shit, did he peer pressure you—"

"Juliet." I cut her off laughing. "Is it so hard to believe that I wanted to do it?"

Her brown eyes are wide as she looks at me like I said something stupid. "Yes?" she answers bluntly. "Niall and the boys are such a bad influence, are you sure you don't want me to beat their asses?"

Juliet's protective of me because she knows me, and it's been like that my whole life. She has me like I have her and it's something we've always known, it's all we know. No one stuck around like she has for me, and I have for her.