chapter two

TW: hard drug use

those kind of girls tend to know things better than i do and i'm dying to figure out what she's hiding she's just playing it cool but she's lying, better than i do
***

Vada
//

As the house booms with an unfamiliar hip hop song, the air is foggy with clouds of cigarette smoke and booze. The lights in the living room were off only lit up by a black light and flashing strobes. People are crowded everywhere dancing completely off their faces.

The atmosphere in the kitchen is a little calmer than the rest of the house but still as loud. Dim lights surrounded us, followed by Niall and Louis' laugher as they tell me some funny story.

They wouldn't even get out the punchline before they were already laughing, and even though I didn't get what was supposed to be funny, their laughter was just contagious so I found myself laughing too.

After I had a few shots, I could feel how heavy my eyes were, but my body was buzzing and warm with excitement. I was definitely a lightweight off of straight whiskey.

I watched the three band members pass around a joint in the kitchen. But when the lead singer showed up with a cunning smile and offering white powder in a small plastic bag, all four boys got the same idea.

I turned to Juliet with a look but she only rolled her eyes at her boyfriends behavior, brushing it off like she's used to this band of rockstars.

The leader of it all starts lining up white lines with a credit card on the kitchen counter under dim lights. The boys surround him as the party continues and I stand close by watching the scene curiously.

Curls drape down curtaining his face as he leans down with a Benjamin Franklin lined up to suck up perfect white lines through his nose.

He breathes in. One. Two. Then he lifts his head back towards the ceiling. Eyes closed shut, his red raw nose sniffing the remains through his blood stream. I stand in awe across from the counter not being able to take my eyes off of him.

Quickly recovering, he wipes his nose and then his eyes go from the ceiling straight to mine.

You really got me - The Kinks starts to play loudly throughout the entire house.

A smile I didn't even know he was capable of spreads across his face. His eyes are dark and they remain on mine as the drug buzzes through his blood stream skyrocketing through his body.

My heart skips and my mouth goes dry. I don't move. Everything around me seems to move slowly. Irrelevantly.

But then he holds the rolled up hundred bill towards me, his smile still current on his face. He tilts his head offering me his sin. Offering me what makes him feel alive. His eyes tell me he wants me to feel alive too.

And as he keeps staring into my eyes, I feel like he's reading every single thought I've ever had.

Zayn takes the bill out of his fingertips and no one even notices the short interaction between us. Everything picks up full speed again. Zayn leans over the counter. The party around me is still alive and then I'm being pulled away from fucked up green eyes all together.

Juliet's leading me to the living room to dance. The entire time I think of the leaders fucked up offering and how I was actually maybe considering it. I'm tired and thirsty so we head back to the kitchen. Harry disappeared and the rest of the boys' eyes were bloodshot and dilated.