forty seven

***
they say that the world is built for two, only worth living if somebody is loving you, and baby,
now you do it's you, it's you, it's all for you everything i do, i tell you all the time heaven is a place on earth with you
***

Vada
//

Parking my car up the driveway, mind is in a fuzzy daze. I don't even remember the drive home.

The motel lot is empty, and grams car isn't even here. The world felt empty from all around and most of all from inside.

My house is the same, and I picture my hollow bedroom and the creaky floorboards of the kitchen. Then I realized I only wanted to be in one place right now.

Getting out of my car I make my way to Harry's room. The number four rattles with the door handle as I get it unlocked and the dark room is empty. I'm immediately embraced with the comfort and imprints of him everywhere even if he's not really here at all.

When I step all the way in, I make sure to lock the door behind me. As sweat crawls up my spine from the humid August air, I turn up the AC box on freezing and strip out of last night's dress heading towards the bathroom.

When I step into the shower I make myself get used to the cold temperature of the water. Then only when I'm all shivering and teeth chattering, I finally turn the faucet all the way to the left until my skin is burning bright red and I can barely breathe from the steam. I lather my skin in hair in the only soap options I find and when I step out I smell like trouble all in one.

As water drips from my hair I pull on a pair of Harry's clean boxer shorts up my legs and one of his old band shirts. The box to the air conditioner whistles and cranks in soothing tones as I decide to close all the curtains and shut out the burning light of the sun.

Wrapping myself in familiar sheets, I bury deep and dream of things I can't really remember. When I open my eyes again some time later, my surroundings are completely dark.

There's a hasty noise in the corner of the room, and I feel Harry's thick presence as he sets keys on the table and kicks off his shoes as carefully as possible. The bed sinks as he slides himself onto the mattress, his front meeting my back and his chin right over my shoulder.

"Vada, Vada, Vada—"

I immediately turn, embracing him with open arms and needing to get as close as possible to him.

"I didn't mean to wake you up," He murmurs, taking me back as he lets me wrap myself around him, needing his warmth like I'm some sort of addict for him.

"I'm glad you did," My voice is thick, and groggy as he curls his fingers through the strains of my damp hair. I feel his chest against mine and I'm so close that I hear the drums of our heartbeats.

"What time is it?" I then wondered.

"Almost nine, you missed our show. Juliet was wondering where you were." Harry hums into my neck.

"Not enough to actually come and find me though," I stated truthfully as I began to twist the lock of his curls between my fingertips.

"Yeah well, she's locked to Zayn's hip ever since they decided that they will be long distance in the fall," His words trail off and they make my mind jump to possibilities about the future. None which concern either of our best friends.

There's a few more moments of silence between our light touches and Harry kisses me for a long time before he speaks again.

"Wanna get out of here?" He asks confidently, like it's not a question at all.