Rock

AN: Long time no see aye?

*

*

You woke up with a start, quickly noting the cold, empty space next to you.

Were you surprised? 

No, this had been common the past month since Ashton had started writing his solo music.

Were you going to go check on him anyway?

Obviously.

With a huff, you rolled out of the bed, bringing along your comfy blanket as a makeshift robe and slowly made your way to the living room.

You felt the smile grace your features as you caught sight of your man, kneeling on the floor, glasses on the bridge of his nose, staring at the papers he had littered all around him. "Looks like a tornado came through here." You quietly spoke, still making Ashton jump as he finally noticed your appearance.

"Did I wake you? I was trying to be as quiet as possible..." He mumbled, taking off his glasses and standing to stretch his back out as you came closer to inspect the mess in front of you.

"No, I mean, yes and no. You didn't make any noise that woke me up, but the lack of body heat woke me up." You felt your cheeks turn red at how weird that sounded. He just smiled in response, reaching over to pull you into a hug.

"Well let me clean this mess up and then we can head to bed okay? I'm at a good stopping point." 

You nodded along tiredly, quickly bending over to help him gather the papers from the ground. As you picked one paper up, you noticed the lyrics and couldn't help but read the page. You felt your heart clench at the lyrics,

I'm skin and bone, I'm made of nothing
My secret pose, my secret ending
You tear me up all of the time
My tongue is tasteless, my heart is barren
My fingers stretching into my larynx

Your eyes flew to the top of the page where the title of the song was scribbled "Skinny Skinny".

"Did we get them a-.....Y/N what's wrong?" Ashton watched as your eyes became glossy while looking over one of the papers.

You tried to blink away the tears when you looked up to answer, but making eye contact with those hazel eyes only made your eyes tear up even more. "This song...." You choked out, shakily handing over the paper while stepping into Ashton's body, making him instinctively wrap an arm around you while trying to see what song you were so upset about.

"You told me about your past....but reading these lyrics....knowing how hard it must be for you to speak out about this.... It makes it so real and I just...." You rambled, trying to explain your intense reaction to seeing his lyrics.

Ashton kissed your forehead before pulling back to look at you, "I won't sugar coat it, it is hard. But it's a story that needs to be shared. And having you in my corner, being my Rock. It makes it all worth it. I couldn't do any of this without my number one fan supporting me as much as you do. Your reaction confirms that."

You smiled through the tears as Ashton grabbed your hand and slowly led you back to the bedroom. He pulled you down into his side, letting you wrap your arms around his body and head rest on his chest.

"I love you." You whispered, slowly falling asleep to the sound of his steady breathing.

"I love you more." He whispered back, his hands slowly rubbing up and down your back.

*

*