Monster Among Men {Part 2}

Fragile, always 'bout to fall just like sand
Castles, three, two, one, go
Strong hold,
It's time for me to admit that I'm an
Asshole, so here I go

Oh, the stupid truth is I'm so bad for you

****

You woke up to an empty bed, which was very unusual since Ashton almost always wants to cuddle in the morning when you both wake up.

You leaned over to his side of the bed and noticed a note lying on his pillow.

"I'll be back later."

Your eyes narrowed slightly at the vague note, he knew this was your only day off this week. You decided to text and ask when he'd be back before getting up and looking for something to eat.

You turned on your tv and sat down to watch Criminal Minds while munching on some pop tarts you had found.

After a while you checked your phone to see that Ashton had not responded but had left you on read. "I wonder if I did something to piss him off..." You murmured out loud, already feeling anxious as to why he wasn't answering you.

You decided to try and call him, which led to your call being sent straight to voicemail.

Twice.

You felt tears fill your eyes, making you curse at how fragile your feelings were when it came to your relationship with Ashton.

You could tell something was off, and since he was avoiding you it was like your insecurities were convinced it was your fault.

The beep from his voicemail interrupted your thoughts and you decided to leave one. "Hey Ash.." You cringed at how your voice sounded so choked up,

"I was just wondering when you'd be home...Today's my only day off this week and I thought we were going to have our date night tonight...I hope you're not mad at me...I love you." You ended the call, immediately feeling self-conscious about how desperate you sounded.

"Damn it Duke, why did I call him?!" You questioned, making him look up from where he was on the floor.

The front door opened, making you immediately jump up. "Ash you're back!" You cheerily yelled, his frown making your excitement dwindle down.

"I told you I'd be back later." He rolled his eyes, your feelings taking another hit. "Well you didn't say when... But it's fine cause you're here now!" you shrugged, trying to dismiss it.

Ashton sat down on the couch and turned the show you were watching, effectively ignoring you. "Hey, I was wondering if we could go shopping today, I need some new clothes and then we can get food after?"

"Why do you need any more clothes? You've already taken up most of the closet."

You felt your cheeks heat up as you looked down at your lap, "I just thought I'd get some new shoes since mine don't give good support anymore... And Victoria Secret is having a sale..."

Ashton let out a snort, making your head snap up in his direction. "Why are you being so mean to me?" You snapped, making him glance up with a surprised face.

"Did I do something?" You felt a tear fall down your face.

Ashton huffed, "I knew I should have stayed at the studio longer, I don't have time for your mood swings. My exes were never this bad."

You felt your heart snap in half. "You're such an asshole." You whispered, your lips trembling as more tears fell.

"I might be an asshole, but at least I'm not a whiny, spoiled brat like you." Ashton yelled back, making you stand up and walk towards the front door.

"Where do you think you're going?" he yelled after you, watching as you shakily slipped on your shoes and grabbed your bag.

"I'm leaving."

"So, you're just going to run away? Not even gonna fight back?" He scoffed, making you turn and look at him with tear filled eyes as you opened the door.

"You're a monster." You spoke before walking out and slamming the door behind you.

***Ashton's POV***

I watched Y/N leave, feeling my emotions going all over as I see her hurt and broken expression. I had hurt her, there was no doubt.

I sit back onto the couch, my phones blinking screen effectively grabbing my attention.

"Why did she leave me a voicemail?" I wondered out loud as I called my voicemail and listened to her message.

"I was just wondering when you'd be home...Today's my only day off this week and I thought we were going to have our date night tonight... I hope you're not mad at me...I love you."

I felt my heart constrict when I heard her choked up voice, she had left this message before I got home. She blamed herself for my awful behavior and actions, which only made me hurt more when I heard her say I love you.

"I'm such an asshole...I'm so bad for her." I mutter to myself, my own eyes filling with frustrated tears as I replay her message over and over again.

AN: I'm back! With a double update! Part 3 for this and part 5 for WWYLM will be written soon (If you want it!) Hope yall like these!