Sometimes {Part 2}

***Calum's POV***

Sometimes.

Sometimes Calum just wanted to shove some sense into your lovestruck brain.

Sometimes Calum really just wanted to break Ashton's jaw for how he treated you.

Always, he was there for you when you needed him.

When you called Calum at 6am, it barely rang before he picked up. "Calum....I need you to pick me up from the Runyon Canyon. Please."

He could hear your heavy breathing, he assumed you were running. Probably away from Ashton, no doubt he had broken your heart, again. Instead of voicing his questions, comments, all he said was "I'm on my way."

He grabbed his keys and didn't even bother to lock the door of his house as he ran to his car. He cranked it and immediately kicked it into drive, his phone directing him on the quickest route to you.

"I swear to God Y/N....when will you learn?" He muttered to himself.

*** Your POV ***

You were praying to anything, anyone that would listen. Please let Calum be at the bottom of the trail when you get there. Ashton's voice, yelling at you to stop was getting closer and closer, the distance you had been given from his shock was going away.

As you rounded the final corner, you felt a surge of energy enter your tired legs as Calum's jeep pulled up next to Ashton's car.

"DONT!" You yelled as Calum opened his door to get out, making his head snap at you in confusion.

You practically slammed into his car as you grabbed at the passenger door handle, "Unlock the damn door!" You watched through the window as Calum clumsily climbed back into the car for the button.

*Click*

"Wait!"

Time stood still, you could feel every moment of joy, sadness, heartbreak, everything he had ever made you feel.

You turned and faced Ashton, both of you out of breath. His face was red, he had pushed himself hard to make it down here before you got away. His eyes, his body language, he was desperate and you could tell. Desperate for you to speak with him, hear him out, forgive him. Like you always do.

You turned and faced Calum, his expression was pained, but he still gave you a smile. He thought you would go and forgive Ashton, go and hear him out. You were best friends after all, it was expected.

Sometimes.....Always.....

"Let's talk this out, I know you're upset." Ashton had regained his breath and was slowly making his way down the hill. He would just take you back to your place, have a simple discussion and resolve this stupid fight.

The slam of the car door was deafening, especially in the silence that followed.

Ashton sank down to sit on the trail, his arm moving to block the dust that billowed from behind Calum's jeep.

Sometimes you made decisions that no one, not even yourself, saw coming.

*

"So are we gonna talk about what happened?" You cut your eyes at Calum as he parked in front of his house. "I mean, what is there to talk about? I made a decision." Calum snorted as you both got out of the car. You walked ahead of Calum, pausing at the front door to let him unlock it and watched in shock as he just opened it.

"So you don't believe in locking your house door but your car door is locked 24/7?" Your attempt at humor was awful, but he still laughed.

"I mean, I didn't exactly have time to lock it when you called begging for me to come get your ass. The car door was on purpose though. I'm assuming your morning hike didn't go as planned?"

You felt your cheeks turn red as Calum motioned to your dirt and sweat covered body, the escape down the trail had not been easy. You had slipped a few times, and bruises were probably already forming on your butt and legs as a result.

"If you want to shower you know where to go, I'll grab you some clothes."

"Calum, wait." You walked over and wrapped your arms around his neck in a tight hug.

"Thank you, for being there for me." You whispered, the atmosphere in the room was shifting, making you scared to speak in a higher tone.

"Always." He replied softly, sensing the change as well. As you both pulled away, your touch lingered, as did his.

"Um...I'm gonna grab those clothes for you and then take Duke out, make yourself at home." Calum awkwardly mumbled before heading off.

Sometimes....you had a habit of not seeing what was right in front of you.

*

AN: The question is....we vibin with this? Part 3? Let me know your thoughts :)

(I'm vibin with it)

FYI: Hunger Games is a favorite of mine, kinda obvious after this lol