HomeTown {Part 3}

You were walking as quietly as possible, trying not to make much noise. It was late, very very late, but you had to look. You had to see if it was still there. As soon as you had 'went to the restroom' you had broke down. Ashton had shown up almost immediately, just standing there, rubbing your back as you had let everything out. You had finally calmed down, and acted as fine as you could.

When everyone had gone to bed for the night, you had acted all tired so Ashton would leave and go to bed himself. Ashton and you had separate rooms since your parents had requested it, and you didn't mind. It made it that much easier to do what you were doing now.

You knelt down next to your parent's piano and slowly opened the bench. You looked down at all of the piano books, looking for a particular book. As soon as you found it, you closed the bench and quietly ran back to your room.

You shut the door and looked down at the book, your eyes filling with tears. It was your teachers book. She had let you borrow it to learn songs in, she always said you were her best student and she wanted you to become the best piano player you could be. You had never given it back and now here you were, clutching to it like it was keeping you alive.

Your head shot up when your door opened, revealing Ashton in just his pajama pants. "Babe. What are you doing?" You went to respond when all that came out was a sob. Ashton closed your door and walked over to sit next to you as you felt the tears fall freely down your face.

Ashton pointed towards the book in your hands and looked at you, "May I?" You nodded and wiped at your eyes as Ashton looked through the book, smiling slightly. "She drew a lot. Was there a reason for that?" You let out a watery laugh as you nodded. "She said whenever someone gets a star, they feel like they've accomplished something. So she would always draw stars on the music after I learned the song." Ashton nodded as he closed the book and handed back to you.

"Is there a reason why you waited until everyone was asleep to get this?" You sniffled slightly, "If I had come to see her sooner. I could have actually seen her again before she died Ashton. I can't stop thinking that. And this book, it's the last thing I have from her. I didn't think I still had it, but I did. I can never give it back now." You closed your eyes as more tears clouded your vision.

"There was no way you could have known Y/N. You can't beat yourself up about it. And at least now you get to have a keepsake from her. Something that you can always remember her by." You sighed and leaned against Ashton's shoulder, feeling the need to sleep slowly start to overtake you.

"I love you Ashton. Thank you for always being a rock when I need you." Ashton kissed your forehead, "Always love. Always."

Ashton started to hum a song and before you knew it, you fell asleep holding on to a book from your past, listening to your fiancé hum in the present, and believing a promise for the future.

AN: Thoughts?