Monster Among Men {Part 3}

Monster Among Men by 5 Seconds of Summer

Oh no no no, I won't break your heart again

I don't wanna be a monster among men

Oh no no no, I can't take it

Oh no no no, I won't break your heart again

I don't wanna be a monster among men

Oh, no, don't wanna be a monster among men

****

You had walked out of the house, hurt radiating through your heart. Getting in your car, you had pulled out of the driveway not knowing where you were actually gonna go.

You drove around LA before ending up in Luke's driveway. You knocked on his door, cringing at the thought of explaining your presence.

"Y/N?" Luke questioned, extremely confused as to why you were at his house. "I didn't know where else to go..." You quietly murmured, feeling absolutely exhausted.

"What happened? Are you ok?" he asked as he led you inside so you could sit on his couch. "Your asshole of a friend happened." You spit out before wiping your nose on your sleeve.

"What did Ash do?" Luke walked over and grabbed a box of Kleenex for your runny nose before sitting down beside you. 

I don't know what I did to piss him off so much... He came home from I don't know where and just picked a fight for no reason. Last night I came home from work and he was drunk off his ass and upset. I don't get how his moods could go from sad and drunk to pissed. I want to help him through whatever is going on, but I don't know how."

You both sat there silently for a bit, the only thing breaking the silence was your occasional sniffling. "Do you remember when I lived with Ashton for a bit?" Luke asked out of the blue.

"Um...yea...why?"

"I wasn't in a good head space, I needed to be around someone who cared. It's not always about saying or doing something that can help, sometimes your presence alone can help."

You nodded slowly, processing his words. "I mean, does he even want my help since he is so obviously trying to push me away?" Luke shrugged, "He's hurting and he lashed out. I've done it before, it's an awful solution to the pain but people still do it."

You let out a long sigh, slowly rubbing at your throbbing temples. "So I should just forgive his shitty remarks? Just like that?"

"If you love him then yes. We both know that isn't Ashton's usual self. I'm not saying completely tolerate his behavior, just make it clear you're there for him even if he doesn't want it."

You got up and grabbed your stuff before hugging Luke. "I'm gonna go, thank you Luke." "Anytime you need me Y/N, I'm here you know that." You nodded before turning and going out to your car, extremely stressed about returning home.

As soon as you pulled up, you saw none of the lights were on in the house, making you wonder if he had left.

You unlocked the door and walked in, not expecting to hear sniffling noises coming from the living room. When you turned the corner, you came face to face with Ashton sitting on the couch with his face in his hands.

"Ashy?" You mumbled, making him look up and notice your presence.

"Thank God." Ashton muttered, his voice sounding scratchy and rough as he jumped up and immediately wrapped his arms around you, shocking you.

"Are you ok?" you asked, tentatively wrapping your arms around his torso as your cheek laid against his chest. "I'm so sorry, I didn't think you were gonna come back. I can't do this to you, I promise I will work my shit out without taking it out on you."

"You really did hurt me Ash..." You slowly chimed in, making sure he understood how upset he had made you.

"And I swear on my life I will never hurt you again Y/N." You slowly leaned up and pressed a kiss to his lips before going back to your embrace.

"It's ok, I love you and I forgive you. We'll work through this together." You promised him.

"I love you too. So damn much." He instantly replied, making your heart immediately feel so much better.

Maybe he wasn't such a monster after all.