Hard Times

It was a typical night at your apartment. You were reading a book and occasionally checking your phone to see if you had a text from your boyfriend Ashton. He was recording at a studio all day and said he'd come over when he was done. He had been texting you off and on all day until about an hour ago. You were slightly worried but decided he was working hard and didn't have the time to text you.

You were about to finish your book when you got a phone call. "Helloooooo" you answered dragging the o out. "Hey Y/n its Cal." "Hey Calum whats up?" you heard some whispering on the other line that meant you were probably on speaker. "I thought you'd like to know that Ashton stormed out of the studio just a second ago and he's probably on the way there now."

"Wait what? Why did he just leave the studio? Are you guys done?" You stood up from the couch and started pacing around the living room. "He kept on missing one note and the dude controlling the board told Luke he had to pick up the slack for Ashton. I think it got to him." That piece of crap !

"Ok thanks for calling me Cal." You closed your eyes and pinched the bridge of your nose. "No problem." "Y/n tell Ashton we are here if he needs us. And I'm going to talk to Feldy about the guy manning the board." Luke chimed in. "Yea he's a total Ahole!" Michael spoke up.

"Yea guys I'll tell him. I gotta go I think he's here." You walked over and saw Ashtons car pull up. "Bye Y/n!" the boys said together. You hung up your phone and went to sit on the couch to wait for your boyfriend to come in. The front doorknob jiggled before Ashton opened it seeing as he had a key to your apartment.

"Hey babe you didn't text me when you were done. Is everything alright?" You stood up and went to hug Ashton but he moved to the side and walked past you "I gotta use the bathroom.." he mumbled with his head still hanging like it had been the whole time. "Ok...." You stared at his back while he walked to you bathroom and closed the door.

After sitting there for about 10 minutes you knew Ashton wasn't using the bathroom like he said. You walked over and knocked on the door, "Babe are you ok?" "Yea I'm fine.....just you know washing up." His voice cracking while he said it. "I'm coming in." You walked in and the sight before you broke your heart.

Ashton was sitting curled in a ball on the floor holding his head in his hands crying his heart out. "Ash.....babe whats wrong?" you sat next to him and touched his arm. "I messed up my parts over and over again. The dude at the board was getting upset and I let the guys down. I'm such a failure, I need to leave the band." Ashton turned and buried his face in your neck crying and sniffling like crazy. "Ashton sit up and look at me," He slowly sat up and looked at you. His hazel eyes red and puffy

"Babe, you have the voice of an angel. You never cease to sound amazing singing and playing drums. God the way you play drums is so good, Ashton you are so talented. You give as much to the band as the others do maybe even more. Your bandmates called me worried sick about you. Because they knew you were upset and wanted me to tell you that they don't want you to be upset about today. You are not gonna leave this band either. The fans, the boys, everyone, needs you in this band. You put the fans before yourself and always put 100% of your energy into your performances. So what if you couldn't hit that note tonight? You will get it because no matter what you don't back down. That's why I love you Ash, so please stop crying my love." You grabbed Ashtons face and kissed him slowly. After a minute he cupped your cheeks and kissed back. Ashton pulled back and looked at you smiling slightly "I love you so much." You pulled Ash off the bathroom floor and pulled him into your bedroom. You both laid down and cuddled up together. "Love you." Ashton kissed your head. "Love you too."