Late Night Tears

"Hayden please stop crying!" You said to your small baby boy in your arms. Hayden just kept on screaming and crying and throwing his arms around acting as if you were trying to murder him. You looked at the clock on the wall and saw it was 11:20pm.

You sighed and kept on bouncing your month old baby, thinking about how 10 months prior your husband Ashton had finally convinced you to try for a baby. You had been married 2 years before he finally got you to agree to it. It wasn't that you hated the thought of having a kid, in fact, you loved kids. It was the fear of not being a good mom, not knowing what to do and failing at the most important job ever. You only looked over your fear because the look in Ashton's eyes when he would ask was full of want for a child. All he wanted was a child of his own. Especially if it was with you.

Another scream broke through your thoughts and you looked down at the small baby that somehow had the strength to scream since around 8 when he was supposed to be asleep. "Hayden.....please just sleep. Please baby please." Your eyes started getting blurry as you realized that your fear was becoming a reality.

You couldn't even get your own child to stop crying. You had tried everything. You started crying, barely rocking your son anymore. You slowly started going down until you were on your knees crying your eyes out, holding the screaming child in your arms. Not even trying to silence him anymore.

"I'm sorry Hayden. I know I'm a terrible mother. I've failed and you aren't even a month old." You sat there crying and crying when you heard a door open and close.

"Babe?" Ashton said walking into the house. You turned and looked to see Ashtons face when he walked into the room and saw shock and concern flash across his face. "Y/n whats wrong?!" He said running over and kneeling next to you. You just shook your head and went to hand him Hayden, who was starting to quiet down after he saw Ashton.

Ashton took Hayden and started shushing him while staring at you. You sat there with tears still falling out of your eyes while you stared at the floor, not wanting to look at Ashton. "I'm going to put Hayden down, when I get back I want you to talk to me. Ok?" You barely nodded before Ashton turned and took Hayden to the nursery and put him down in his crib.

When you realized what Ashton had said you started crying harder because he got Hayden to sleep and you couldn't. He didn't need you there since all you did was prolong the crying. Hell you were a sobbing mess yourself. "Nonono why are you crying harder?" Ashton came and grabbed your shoulders pulling you into him.

"I'm ssssorry. You don't need me here. I don't even know why I agreed to have a kid. Hayden hates me." You barely choked out. Ashton grabbed your cheeks and looked you in the eyes, "Y/n. He doesn't hate you. He was just being fussy. I do need you here. I couldn't do anything I do without you." You stared into his hazel eyes and stopped crying. "You don't mean that." "I do. I 100% do. You and Hayden are my world. My family. My life. I love you both. You are an amazing mother and wife. Now get off of the floor so we can go cuddle in bed."

You grabbed Ashton's face and pressed a sweet kiss to his lips. "I love you." You said. He smiled back at you and kissed your forehead, "I love you more."