Why Won't You Love Me {Part 3}

Why Won't You Love Me:

The time disappears

You hold back the tears

Your best girl friend just got engaged
You say you can't wait and need to make a change
You told me it's so hard to be lonely

Why won't you love me?
We're together all alone tonight
So help us from the other side
So why won't you love me?

Can you tell me why, my love?
Can you tell me why
I hold on to you and you hold on to me?
Can you tell me why, my love?
Can you tell me why
I hold on to you and you hold on to me?

Ashton's POV:

"So let me get this straight, you haven't spoken to her once since the night before we left?" Calum questions, his eyebrows raising.

"Nope. A few weeks ago I tried calling her at 2am while I was drunk off my ass. She never answered but her good friend Y/F/N has been telling me how she's been late to work a lot since we left." I shrug my shoulders, not wanting to have this conversation.

"Well we're back in LA for a week, think you can smooth things over with her?" Luke chimes in, reaching by me to grab his bag off the conveyor belt.

"I don't know if I want to put myself in a position to be hurt again if I'm being honest. She ran out of the house as soon as I told her how I felt. That didn't exactly feel good."

"Look I'm just saying, you've both had time to gather your thoughts about everything. Sitting down and talking about it will probably help both of you." Luke encourages while we all walk out to get into a car to go to our homes.

"God what time is it?" Calum sighs as we all climb into the big van, exhaustion settling over all of us. "11:42pm." I answer back, before opening up Instagram and scrolling through my feed.

"Holy shit."

"What is it?" Luke leaned forward, trying to see. "Y/F/N, Y/N's friend. She just got engaged today." I mutter in disbelief, quickly typing a congratulations comment.

"It's weird watching people we know get married, it's like every week someone new is engaged." Calum randomly speaks up, making us all nod in agreement.

"So, no one told you life was gonna be this wayyyy" my ringtone for Y/N blasts out, making everyone stare at my phone in surprise.

"Ash, answer it!"

My hand shakes slightly as I press the accept button and hold the phone up to my ear. "Hello?" I hear a few sniffles before a shaky voice replies, "Hey Ash."

"Are you crying? What's wrong?"

"I really need someone right now." Y/N quietly whimpers, making my heart feel like it's being crushed. "I'm back in LA, I'll be there in 10." I reply instantly, my protectiveness of her overcoming my fear of speaking to her again.

I hang up and immediately am bombarded with questions. "What did Y/N want?"

"Why did you say you'll be there in 10?"

"Is little Ashton gonna get some tonight?"

I ignored all their comments as I leaned forward and told the driver Y/Ns address. I grabbed my bag and opened the door as soon as the car slowed in front of her apartment.

"I'll see you guys later." I barely tell them before slamming the door shut and running up to her door. "Y/N?" I question through the door, waiting for her to open it.

A few minutes go by before I decide to grab the hidden key and let myself in, closing and locking the door behind me. I walk cautiously through her small apartment before stopping inside her dark bedroom, her small frame barely visible from her phones lit up screen.

"I let myself in...if that's ok." I watch her closely as she shrugs, her face still buried in her hands. "Why are you crying?" I ask, slowly creeping forward until I'm right at the edge of her bed. As a reply she throws her phone over to me, showing the picture on Instagram that I had liked previously.

"You're upset because your best girl friend just got engaged? Y/N I thought something serious was going on."

Y/N's POV:

You lift your eyes from your hands to stare into Ashton's. You could hear his tone of voice and knew he was judging you for this.

"It's not about her. It's about me. I keep waiting around, not letting myself be with someone who I could be with forever. I keep getting in short term relationships because I can't see myself being happy with someone for the rest of my life. I can't keep waiting around, I need to make a change." You rant, feeling more tears build up the more you go on, but you can't stop.

"I'm so tired Ashton. I'm so tired of pushing good guys away because I don't think I'm worth their time. I'm so lonely and it's so hard. Especially since I pushed you away as well." You watch as Ashton's eyes fill with tears as well, his head lowering to look at his feet as you let out a choked sob.

Ashton eventually crawled towards you on the bed, pulling you into his arms as you lose control. Your whole body start to shake from the sobs racking through you.

You hold onto him tightly and you feel him do the same, his own breathing now erratic and shaky. After what seemed like forever, you both stopped crying and were left holding each other tightly. Neither one of you wanting to break contact.

"Can you tell me why..." Ashton whispered out. "Why I hold on to you, and you hold on to me...but you won't love me?"

You felt your heart crack as you sat up and looked into his hazel eyes, the sheer emotion in them making you feel awful.

"I've always loved you Ash. I just never thought I was worthy enough to be loved by you."