Competition

You were sitting in your boyfriend's apartment waiting for him and Calum to come back from the studio. They had been recording for the new album every day for the past week and every night going to different bars and partying with friends. You hadn't been able to spend much time with Ashton because of it. At this point you couldn't wait for Ashton to come home and finally get to just cuddle up on the couch and watch Netflix.

You heard the door open and you jumped up, "ASHTON!" You yelled as you ran to the door. "Hey Babe! Look who's here." Ashton said holding the door open for someone that made you stop in your tracks. Halsey. To say you were disappointed was an understatement.

You didn't like Halsey, and it wasn't the typical 'jealous when your boyfriend is around other girls' type of dislike. It was a dislike from her acting like you were a nobody, and how she disregarded that Ashton was dating you.

She basically clung to Ashton whenever she was around him, and made sure someone got a pic of them together. You trusted Ashton, you knew he wouldn't do anything with her. But you didn't trust Halsey. You had never voiced your dislike to anyone but to the boy standing behind Ashton and Halsey looking at you with sadness. Calum.

****FLASHBACK****

You turned and saw Halsey laughing and clutching Ashtons bicep like an eagle with its prey. You shook your head and went out onto a balcony wishing you had never came. Not like you were invited or anything, but Ashton said she probably just forgot. Yea right.

"Hey what are you doing out here?" You turned and saw Calum standing at the door. "I'm avoiding someone." "Your boyfriend?" Calum said walking over and standing beside you. Should I tell him?  You thought, he won't tell anyone. Hopefully. "No I'm avoiding the clingy bitch next to him."

Calums eyes widened as you basically spat the words out. "Wow. Harsh much?" "Calum you don't get it. She makes it a priority to make me feel lesser. Like I don't belong here with you guys and I definitely don't belong with Ashton." Calum frowned and looked back towards them, "I could tell you guys weren't friends but I didn't know it was that bad."

"Oh it's that bad. I wasn't even invited tonight. But Ashton doesn't think she could possibly be that mean." "Well he sees the best in people. If she makes you feel bad just tell me, or....you could tell Ash." You hugged Calum and squeezed him tight, "Will do."

****END FLASHBACK****

   You watched as Ashton went into your shared room and came back out with a different top on. "I'm so excited to go out to the new bar tonight! Get drunk with my best friend." Halsey said while walking over and wrapping an arm around his shoulder. "Wait. Ashton I thought we were staying in tonight."

"I know I said that but then Halsey came over to the studio and suggested we all go out tonight. And I agreed. I figured you wouldn't care." You glared at Ashton for a minute. "You said I couldn't come to the studio when I asked." Halsey laughed and said so only you could hear her, "Honey only talented, famous people can go to the studio." That's it. You thought while staring at her stupid smirk.

"How come you can go there? You don't have talent. Your voice sounds like nails on a chalkboard and a dying cat mixed together." You said crossing your arms. Ashtons eyes widened as he looked at you "Y/n what the hell! Apologize!" You turned and looked at him, frustrated tears in your eyes. "No I'm not. I won't apologize for telling the truth."

"Whatever. At least people like me. Last I checked Ashton's fans hated you. They love me." Halsey said smirking at you then turning and walking towards the door, "I'm outside Ashton." "Y/n. She's my friend. I can't believe you were rude to her. I'm going out. You can stay here and think about what you did." Ashton shook his head at you then walked out the door.

You slowly went into your room and sat on your bed, staring at the wall. He left with her. He acted as if I was a child and not his girlfriend. You didn't know how long you had been sitting there before you noticed your phone going off. You went and opened up twitter seeing Ashton had posted a pic with Halsey.

All of the fans saying different things like, "OMG MOM AND DAD" "GOALS AF" "YASSS I SHIP" "They are a better couple then Y/n and Ashton for sure." Ashtons fans hate you. She was right, they did hate you. Hell even Ashton did after you said one thing back to Halsey after all the shit she had done to you. You saw your lockscreen of Ashtons face smiling and you lost it.

You screamed and threw your phone at the wall. Then grabbed a frame of you and Ashton on the table and threw it too. You went to grab something else when you got tangled up and fell. Your arm getting cut on the glass and you hitting your head on the bed frame.

"Y/N ARE YOU OK?!" You turned and saw a blurry person standing at the door, "Don't worry Y/n. I got you." That's the last thing you heard before you blacked out.

You opened your eyes slowly turning to see Calum and Ashton standing near the door arguing about something. "Guys?" Immediately Ashton turned and walked towards you, grabbing you in a big but gentle hug. "I'm sorry ok? I didn't notice she was treating you bad. I guess I just don't see how mean people can be when I consider them my friends." You looked at Calum with big eyes, "You told him?" Calum nodded slowly "Kinda hard not to since I called him telling him you hit your head and cut your arm. Oh and you blacked out for a long ass time. Scared the shit outta me."

"Sorry. Thanks for helping me though." Calum left and closed the door leaving you and Ashton sitting there. You watched him pick your phone up and look at it for a bit before looking up with tears in his eyes. "The fans are so wrong. Halsey is ok. But you are my everything. I don't care if they ship her with me or Bryana or Ariana Grande! Because at the end of the day I pick you. Everytime I'd pick you." You pulled Ashton onto the bed with you, wiping his tears away and kissed his lips lightly. "I love you so much." You cuddled into his chest and fell asleep without a care in the world.