Why Won't You Love Me

Why Won't You Love Me:

Why?

Why?

Switching into airplane mode again
We're not alright but I'll pretend
Press my cheek against the glass
Just be good 'til I get back

The ground disappears
I hold back the tears
I check my phone to see your face
Staring back as if to say
Don't worry, you won't be lonely

Y/N's POV:

"Shit." You curse as you trip going up the stairs to your best friend Ashton's house. This was the last night you could hang out with him, and you were already late.

He was flying out of LA tomorrow morning, leaving to start his 6-month long tour with his bandmates and you were not going to be able to see him the entire time.

You knock on the door, muttering to yourself as you lean all your weight off of your now hurting ankle. "Shouldn't have worn heels Y/N, shouldn't have worn heels."

"Hey Y/N! Whoa what happened?" He asks, immediately switching to protective mode as he sees your pain ridden face. "I tripped on the way up here. Your stairs and my heels do not make a good combination."

"Well there goes our evening plans." Ashton giggles as he picks you up bridal style without hesitation before carrying you into his living room and putting you on the couch.

"I'm sorry, I know you said you had a whole night planned for us."

"Look as long as we get to hang out, I'm fine. We won't be able to for a while so this is perfectly fine." Ashton reassures you while handing you a towel filled with ice. You put the towel on your sore ankle before turning to look at Ashton, your eyebrows raising slightly at his stiff posture.

"You good? You look nervous as hell." Ashton takes a deep breath before turning and sitting right next to you, "I'm not actually. I'm getting ready to go on a 6-month tour and all I can think about is how you won't be there with me."

"Ash, you know I have my job. Plus, this amount of time apart hasn't changed our friendship before, it's no different now." You reach over to grab his hand, but he's not having it.

"It did change actually. You started dating David while I was on my last tour, and if I leave without telling you how I feel you might start dating someone again."

You went to say something, but Ashton cut you off, "I love you Y/N and I want us to be together."

You stood up immediately, panic setting into your features as you stumbled back away from Ashton. "Ashton. You're.....I....You're my best friend...I...I got to go."

Before Ashton can stop you, you run out of the house and to your car.

Ashton's POV:

I let out a long sigh as I drop my stuff at the feet of my airplane chair. The bags under my eyes were very prominent, telling everyone I didn't get any sleep last night.

"You good?" I barely hear Calum ask me, I just nod and pull my phone out to put it onto airplane mode. "How was last night? With Y/N?"

"It went good. She said she'll think about it." I lie through my teeth, pretending everything between me and her is alright when it definitely is not alright. Not even close.

I lean my cheek against the window of the airplane, staring out at LA before we take off and leave it behind. "Be good until I get back Y/N. Just until I get back." I whisper as the plane takes off.

I watch the ground disappear, tears filling my eyes as my mind keeps replaying the moment Y/N ran out of my house, ran away from me. Her ankle was hurt so she was no doubt in a lot of pain, but it didn't stop her from running.

I unlock my phone, and stare at my wallpaper. A picture of the both of us that Calum took, it was my absolute favorite picture.

Whenever I look at her face, I feel at home. She had my heart, she had owned it for quite some time. I just never had the guts to tell her until yesterday.

She always offered comfort and company, always promising I'd never be lonely. But now I felt like the loneliest person on Earth, and her picture did little to comfort me.

"Why?" I mutter to myself before turning my phone off completely and putting it away.