Cold

Two years. That's how long you and your boyfriend had been together. The past two years had been amazing, and you had cherished every last minute of it.

Lately though, Ashton had been pushing you away and being distant. You had tried giving him some space, but it was at the point where you didn't know what he wanted from you. Usually you would go to the studio with Ashton and watch them do their magic, sometimes you would even put in some input about the songs being written. But for the past 2 weeks Ashton had forbidden you from coming to the studio. He had even gotten mad when you had shown up to give him his drumsticks that he had left behind.

Today Ashton had come home early and had locked himself in his music room to write "in peace" as he had put it. You were laying on the couch bored out of your mind when you heard Ashtons voice in the other room.

You stood up and went to the door of his music room, trying to hear what he was singing. You slowly opened the door and stood there listening to him sing while playing the guitar. You smiled at how beautiful his voice was and when he stopped you started to clap and giggled. "That was amazing Ash! Is that a new song idea?" Ashton jumped up and his face went from shock to anger. "Y/N What the hell! I told you not to come in here while I'm writing. Get out right now!" Your eyes widened in surprise and your mouth slightly fell open. "I just...I heard you singing...and...I thought it sounded really good...I just wanted to hear it better....I'm sorry..." Ashton shook his head and turned his back to you, clearly done with the conversation.

You left the room, and went back to laying on the couch, even more upset then before. A few hours later Ashton came into the living room, talking to someone on the phone.

"Yea I'm working on it. It still has a few parts that I can't figure out how to word it. No I don't need help, Ill figure it out eventually. Yea that's good. See ya later Cal." You sat up and stared at Ashton as he hung up the phone and turned to you, "What?" "I heard what you said to Calum..I can help you with the song." Ashton shook his head and rubbed his temples, "I already said I don't need help. Plus I don't want you to hear this song."

You narrowed your eyes at him and stood up "Why can't I hear the song? I already heard some of it and it sounds really good Ash. You don't have to worry about me not liking it or anything." Ashton slammed his phone down onto the table before turning and glaring at you, "Y/N will you please for the love the God just shut up about the song. You're not gonna hear it. At all. I don't need your help either because you aren't a song writer. You don't even play an instrument so just leave me alone while I do my damn job."

Your eyes started to water as Ashton turned and left the room. You turned around and grabbed your phone and jacket before walking over to the kitchen. You took a piece of paper and quickly wrote down a note to Ashton telling him you didn't think your relationship was going to work and you needed a break for a bit.

You took the note and slid it under the door to his music room before heading out of your house and away from the man you loved and you thought loved you.

AN: Part 2?