Chapter 17 ~ Carnival

Watching the sun lower in the sky slightly I bounce up and down on my toes waiting for Vixxie, in the same spot I told Blaze to drop me off

Watching the sun lower in the sky slightly I bounce up and down on my toes waiting for Vixxie, in the same spot I told Blaze to drop me off. I had to pull another 'I'm working late' tonight to tide my dad over but he was pretty wasted when I left so he didn't question it as in-depth as he usually does. I still wore my work uniform out though and managed to find a tall bush to quickly change behind before I got there. No one was around but there's still that lurking fear I gave someone an eyeful.

It's early evening but the streaking shadows on my face from the low sunset makes the area kind of eerie, its quiet. Nothing makes much noise with exception of a passing car or the squark of a bird in the distant trees.

This estate is calm and peaceful, with barley any children or annoying teenagers having tantrums. Just wealthy middle-aged couples with Mercedes and elderly couples that wore several sets of pearls. It still amazes me this is only a few streets away from my benefit ridden estate, where whiny kids ride broken bikes and the elderly bitch and moan as you walk past.

The silence is broken by the blasting of pop music and off-key singing that stems from a half-open window of a Range Rover heading my way. I can see Vixxies head-bopping behind the wheel which makes me chuckle.

She pulls up at the side of the sidewalk, rolling down her window all the way.

"Get in loser, we're going shopping... well not really but I've always wanted to say that." She chuckles as I hop into the passenger's side of the car, also giggling at her Mean Girls reference.

I look around the interior of the Range, it surprises me she drives something so mainstream like this, I thought she'd be someone who's into the more vintage cars but she pulls away from the cub hastily in the Range Rover Evoque.

On our way to pick up Carrie, we laugh and scream along to the songs she has playing through the car. We're currently screaming to 'Girlfriend' By Avril Lavigne.

"I fucking love this song!!" She shouts turning the dial so the volume increases, bouncing off the leathered interior.

" Me too." I giggle as we start singing the lyrics at the top of our lungs back and forth.

"Hey! Hey!"

"You! You!"

"I don't like your girlfriend!"

"No way! No way!"

"I think you need a new one"

Vixxie pulls into a road and starts squinting at the house numbers, "Can you just read her address off my phone again. I'm fucking awful with directions. It's a wonder I even managed to pass my test." She snickers once I've read out the text Carrie sent her. We both look out for her house and lucky for us she's stood outside flagging us down.

She jumps in the back, "Right let's carnival this bitch!" She sings songs pulling her belt across her chest.

We all giggle and chat about an array of things, mainly the music, as we travel down the roads on the way to the fairground.