Chapter 31 ~ Speechless

The smell of pancakes and fried food fills the air making my stomach rumble louder than I feel it ever has before, I'm surprised people in New Zealand haven't mistaken it for an earthquake

We'd decided to come to Rubys for breakfast before the away game tonight which I know the boys are nervous about, it's been rumoured around the locker room that scouts are going to be at the game, we know it's a big deal for them. Especially Blaze, I know he wants to go to Alabama, he still hasn't heard anything, but coach told him he'd be fighting colleges off and I don't doubt he will- he's one of the best players in Atlanta, possibly even America, with the best stats. The boys have yet to lose a game and with states and nationals looming the pressure's on.

You wouldn't be able to tell from the outside though, Blaze is sat in his letterman scoffing down pancakes asserting that natural dominant vibe around the table like it's a normal day. His blue eyes twinkle with confidence, smirking at something Rutherford's just said but I can tell he's nervous. It's the little things he does like constantly shoving his hands back through his jet black hair and twiddling with his rings, he's persistently wiping his thumb across his bottom lip too which would be sexy if I didn't know it was because he was nervous.

"Should you guys actually be eating this stuff before the game?" Emily asks snapping pictures of our food, she's already been to get the photos she took of us yesterday at the rink processed and had handed them to us today as an early Christmas present. My favourite one was a snap she'd managed to take of me and Blaze collapsed on the floor, my head on his chest, both of us in fits of laughter.

"Yeah, this shit is technically just carbs and protein... it's not like we don't burn it off anyway." Brady says shovelling another greasy sausage in his mouth.

"Yeah but you've eaten like three whole portions... and Blaze is on his second stack of pancakes!" Vixxie takes a swig of her orange juice jabbing at Blazes' plate which is smothered in cream and syrup, the odd slice of strawberry on the outskirts of the porcelain. He's throwing them down his throat like someones going to take them away from him. Whilst he's not looking I try and pinch a strawberry off the top of his remaining stack. I manage to grab it but he catches me when it's halfway to my mouth. I throw it in and chew quickly with a sheepish grin.

"Hey!" He frowns, in response, I just stick out my tongue, "Careful or I'll put some cream on that." He jabs his fork towards my tongue with a sexy smirk making me retract my tongue in a flushed fluster. I gulp the strawberry down with blotchy cheeks. He chuckles lowly, shaking his head and directs his attention back to his pancakes.

After we've cleared most of our plates and I've stacked them on the end of our table Carrie pulls out a present wrapped box gesturing for us all to bring our gifts out too. We'd decided instead of buying seven presents each that we'd pull names out of a hat and get one person one thing- like secret Santa but... it wasn't really secret when Brady told us who he got.