Chapter 84 ~ NYU

VJ braids my dry hair back into plaits, careful of all my bruising and stitches

VJ braids my dry hair back into plaits, careful of all my bruising and stitches. Blaze hovers outside with his mom and the cops. I told him all about his dad and mine and how everything fell into place. Of course, he was fuming and felt guilty but I hold no resentment over him, he is as much a victim as I am in this situation. Helen and Brady came in after I'd finished trying to calm Blaze down long enough so the cops could take my statement. They haven't caught him yet but apparently when word gets around New York that he was unable to carry out 'the task', Blaze said there's always someone willing to talk for the right price. My muscles feel horrific, wasting away by the second. I'm itching to get out into a studio and start building them back up again but I haven't got the all-clear to leave yet. They're still monitoring my brain... movements...? I'm not too sure but it's not like Blaze has let me leave the bloody bed.

Vixxies hands weave my hair so gently, too gently, way too quietly...

"Are you alright Vix?" I turn my head slightly, her ravaged nails stilling as her eyes move to mine. She nods,

"Uh yeah, of course." A smile, bland, spread across her face. I push my eyebrow up, as far as I can against the stitches.

"Sure and there's a flying pig outside!" I gasp pointing to the window, she shakes her head and rolls her eyes. "Come on V, what's up?"

"I... Atlas, you know I love you and...well I want to thank you-"

"Whoa, are you smoking something green...?" I place my hands on her cheeks and make a show of looking into her eyes.

"No wait, please. I'm being serious. Before I met you, I had no friends. I was either shunned for my preference in who I date or my style, the colour of my hair or make-up. I was the weird kid who holed herself up in her bedroom and painted. I've moved around so much and it's the first place I've ever felt like I truly belong. This group, you're my family and I couldn't thank you enough for being my best friend. I really thought I was... I was going to... lose you Atty-"

"Vix. Stop. Please... just." Tears stream down my face as I pull her into me, my splint resting on the end of her hair. "You never, ever have to thank me for being your friend, I should be thanking you for that day in the bathroom. I love you, okay and I'm not going anywhere bitch. Look at me. The cat with nine lives." She squeezes me tight, both of us laughing through our tears. She pulls back and wipes the tears from my face.

"That's exactly what Blaze said. The softie." We both laugh, "Speaking of which, what's happening with you guys...? He was a total mess this week, and wouldn't leave your side for a second."

"So I've heard. I'm moving back in with him until we both leave. We had a really good conversation about it and we talked everything through. I'm... I'm off to Julliard and he is off to Alabama. That's the way it should be and we're going to be okay. I think this," I gesture around the room, "really puts everything into perspective. I'm worthy of love Vix, I trust myself and Blaze. We're going to be okay." She smiles, tears gathering on her lashline, she nods, squeezing my shoulders as her ip wobbles.

"Atlas, I'm so glad your starting to see yourself the way everyone else does. I'm so proud of you and I can't think of anyone better to be in the Big Apple with."

What?

My brows knit together, pulling back I give her a quizzical look... wait

"You got into NYU?" She nods and we're screaming, screaming so hard Brady and Blaze come charging through the door. They breathe heavily, scanning the room for danger to take out.

"VIX GOT INTO NYU!" I shout at them, wiggling on the bed as best I can. Brady nearly collapses onto the bed. Blaze shrugs onto the door frame shaking his head. We laugh at their Alpha maleness.

Vixxie, Carrie and I are heading to New York, Brady and Blaze to Alabama, Emily to Chicago, Rutherford to Texas and Ethan to California... our family may be separated across the country but I think we'll all be just fine.

The sun disappears behind my window for the last time, tomorrow I go home

The sun disappears behind my window for the last time, tomorrow I go home. Fully discharged and ready to start the next chapter of my life. Blaze is snuggled up beside me, curling my blonde locks around his fingers. His lips rest on my neck, breath tickling my skin. My hands rest on his stomach, peace surrounds us, a quiet calm.

"I've been thinking." He starts.

"That doesn't sound good." He rolls his eyes, and nips me playfully on the spot his lips were on my neck.

"Seriously though, I could go to New York, I had offers-"

"Blaze."I sit up and push him away from me, well try. "Listen we've already had this conversation. Absolutely not. You are going to Alabama and I'm going to Julliard and guess what?" I hold his face in between my hands, " We are going to be fine. These past few weeks have taught me I need to love myself more and that is what I'm going to do. I'm going to love myself as much as I love you." I place a soft kiss on his lips, savouring the feeling I've longed for. He deepens the kiss, caressing my mouth until I can't breathe.

"I love you butterfly." He kisses my forehead and pulls me onto his chest. "We're going to be okay."

"We're going to be okay," I whisper back, my eyes fluttering as I listen to his heartbeat beneath his shirt. His arms cage me to his body, warmth radiating into my pores as his fingers trace my skin, Luling me into a sweet sleep.

Hey loves!! I can't believe how many reads we have 🥹 I'm honestly so bloody thankful for you guys! I know I'm being a bit slow at the moment, I've got a lot going on in my personal life but I promise I appreciate and love you guys! Balance is dra...

Hey loves!! I can't believe how many reads we have 🥹 I'm honestly so bloody thankful for you guys! I know I'm being a bit slow at the moment, I've got a lot going on in my personal life but I promise I appreciate and love you guys! Balance is drawing to a close butttt keep your eyes peel for my new book, the aesthetics will be uploaded very soon ;)

I love you alllll!!!!