Chapter 20 ~ Hannah

There's a thrill lingering in the air waiting in the tunnel

There's a thrill lingering in the air waiting in the tunnel. The atmosphere's tense, the players are fueled with nerves and excitement. The crowds are ferociously hyped up, screaming and cheering for their home teams. The cheerleaders are also pepped up and cheerful, chatting to the players they're stood next too whilst they try and remain composed, game faces on.

The school, governors and their sponsors make the run out a tradition whenever we play home games since they spent so much money on the team and sports facilities. They feel whenever we play a home game it has to be done to show pride in the sport and pride in our school. It's supposedly all about school spirit but I think these investors just want to see their money being spent 'properly'.

I don't mind, I kind of like running out next to Blaze, his smile is so genuine when it involves football, it makes me all bubbly inside.

I look up to my side, having to crook my neck to see his face. Two black stripes cover his sharp cheekbones and perspiration lines his tensed jaw, his Adam's apple bobs delicately in his throat. He oozes determination and confidence, installing a nasty level of fear in his opponents. His eyebrows flow into a tick and his piercing eyes focus on the field ahead, they look almost electrified.

"See something you like Blondie?" His deep voice startles me alerting me to the fact I'd been staring at him longer than I'd thought. I quickly avert my gaze but not before I see the corners of his lips turn up. A deep blush settles on my cheeks making me rather skittish.

"I uh..."

"Don't worry I know I'm irresistible," He smirks giving me a side look. I roll my eyes and give him a playful shove, he grabs my arm and catches me before I step back. With one arm around my wrist and the other on my waist, he looks down at me, his gorgeous eyes scanning my face.

"Good luck Butterfly... try not to fall yeah?" He snickers and I give him another shove in the chest, obviously making no impact with his gear on. He ceases to let go but neither do I, not making any attempt to move. Next to my small body he makes me feel so safe, maybe it's just his size being a frigging muscle machine but I just felt so comfortable next to him.

A strange look crosses Blazes face as he abruptly drops my arm, clearing his throat and stares out at the field again. My neck heats and embarrassment fills my mind, I shouldn't have touched him, he's probably embarrassed by the fact I touched him, little mousey Grove.

"Uh... good luck," I mumble looking down at my trainers.

"I don't need-"  He scoffs but I cut him off,

"Luck... I know you'll do great but..." I shrug, Blaze always does amazing, he's got some of the best stats in the sodding country and is an absolute pleasure to watch, it's really quite mesmerising. That thought reminds me of something.

"You know, I never got to ask you a question... after I danced yesterday..." I mumble, I feel Blaze tense slightly and the sound of cheers echos around us.