Chapter 63 ~ 'bros before hoes'

"Oh

"Oh. Yes. Can you just imagine this with a pair of blush heels, maybe the ones with fluff covering the strap?" Carrie fingers the material of the sheer pink bodycon hanging on the rail- with her spare hand- the other with hangers draping off every finger.

"It's cute but do you really need another pink dress. You're being incredibly cliché right now... and so am I telling you that..." Vixxie sighs leaning on a sale rack that Carrie's just badgered her way through. She twirls one of her tight black curls around her finger and lets it drop, overly bored with the fact we're entering our sixth hour of shopping. Even my feet are hurting and I live in bone-crushing pointe shoes. I'm not objective about shopping either, in fact, I quite enjoy it but shopping with Carrie is... well it's harsh.

Emily suggested we do something just the four of us today since the boys are having a 'guys day' which she informs me is just drinking, eating pizza and playing stupid video games, she says they'll come crawling back to us when Brady's mom kicks them out of his basement to get some fresh air. Although when Carrie suggested we head into Atlanta to do some shopping I didn't think it would turn into this. I feel like it's survival of the fittest, Vixxie lagged out after two hours, Emily four and I'm reaching my breaking point at six.

Emily nudges my calf from her space on the floor where she collapsed half an hour ago whilst Carrie was looking at shoes. She then proceeds to crawl under the clothing rack Carrie is looking through. Vixxies brows furrow, ceasing conversation as she watches our friend disappear... then-

"BOO." Emily shoots up in-between the racks, Carrie leaps backdropping the hangers to the floor catching the attention of a sales assistant behind the counter. Vixxie and I dissolve into a fit of laughter drawing more unwanted looks of disdain from fellow shoppers.

"You bitch!" Carrie cries holding her chest but the corner of her lips tip up as she starts to laugh. Way too loud than what is socially acceptable for someone shopping In a department store. A few more assistants peer from the counter as Carrie picks up the clothes from the floor.

"As much as I love you, I don't love this and I am starving. Can we please go grab something to eat now?" Vixxie whines, clutching her stomach. Like a call and response mine whales at her words- I haven't eaten since this morning and I'd completely forgotten to have lunch. I spy a few more department store workers walking towards us, talking on their headsets and walkie-talkies.. flanked by two beefy security guards. Whoops.

"Yeah I think we should... uh... leave." The girls look behind them at the flurry of staff not so slightly following through the clothing racks to us. We rush to grab our bags and dart out into the mall, fast walking until we're passed a few more shops. Chatting we make our way through the upper level of the mall passing other groups of teenagers doing absolutely nothing productive. It's so dull that the mall is such a hot spot for teenagers, especially when we're all strapped for cash. We keep walking, Vixxie rambling on about this girl she met at one of Rutherfords partys...but something feels weird.