Chapter 78 ~ Yes Sir

This has to be totally perfect, nothing can go wrong-

"No! Come on Carrie, not there, pick it up!" Carrie turns to me, her arms full of flowers she was about to dump on the hay bale. She rolls her eyes and huffs off towards the back of the barn where my mom and Gemma are attaching the photos to the mass of balloons. "Make sure they're stuck on tight Gem!"

A hand clamps down on my shoulder and attempts to pull me back, "You, my guy, need to calm down." Vixxie pops her hip, brow raised.

"No, I don't. You guys need to step it up!" Her brows scrunch, eyes narrow. It's the stare she usually gives guys when they offer to 'turn her straight', and I'll admit it's humbling.

I breathe in through my nose preparing to eat humble pie, " I'm sorry... I just..." pinching my nose I try and calm my pulse.

"Blaze. It's okay. We all know and we all want to give Atty the best party we can. We're her family and whatever has happened between you two, you're still her family. She still loves you and she'll love this."

"You really think so..." Vj just looks at me, "That she... she still loves me." I can feel the tips of my ears heating a bit. Vixxie sighs, a smirk lifting the black wings attached to her eyes.

"And I was just getting over thinking you were just another dumb jock." She struts away leaving me with a bit more serenity. I can't fuck up on this, even If I've fucked everything else between us I want her to have one last good memory of us. This party is a bittersweet goodbye I guess, I don't want to let her go but I'll respect any decision she makes. The biggest mistake I've ever made were the horrible things I said to her before she walked. I'm under no illusion she'll walk away from me forever but I've got to try, try and make it up to her in any way I can starting with this. I look around the barn, simple but we've all put the most effort into turning this place into a party fit for a butterfly.

"Wow, my guys, this is looking incredible." Brady's voice booms as he steps through the doors a box in his arms.

"What on earth are you doing here? You're meant to be keeping Atlas occupied! And what's in the box?"

"Chill bro, she's at the studio, told me to piss off and pick her up after. She didn't want me to watch her routine or some shit. And Emily texted me asking me to pick up some bits." Streamers, cowboy hats and red solo cups spill from the cardboard. "This looks incredible Blaze, you've really outdone yourself, you soppy bastard."

I shove him and take the box from his hands placing it on the nearest hay bale.

"She loved the presents too. Didn't say much but you could see it in her eyes." Yeah totally, she probably hated them and didn't want to be rude, she's probably burning them as we speak. "She misses you, bro, she's miserable." My heart burns like someone's cleaved it apart and used it as a chew toy. "But this, this will definitely make her feel better. Especially knowing you organised it."