Chapter 50 ~ Envelope

"Atlas Grove?" The pepper haired receptionist waltzes into the science lab, scuffed red kitten heels and a flora skirt down to her calves, complete fashion disaster as Carrie would say

"Atlas Grove?" The pepper haired receptionist waltzes into the science lab, scuffed red kitten heels and a flora skirt down to her calves, complete fashion disaster as Carrie would say. She pushes her glasses higher on her nose, the chain clanking around her gold cross necklace, eyes narrowed when she sees me. "Guidance counsellors office. Now." She points directly at me and nods her head towards the hallway. Once again all eyes are on me and I huff, cheeks burning so hot they'd toast bread. I gather my things off my desk quickly, what the hell have I done this time?

Brady looks at me from across the bench with bunched brows, I give him a small shrug and a smile before I turn towards the door weaving between the desks and pointed glances. As I reach for the handle there's a tug on my wrist.

Blaze.

His eyes are hard silently asking if I want him to come with me. I shake my head and mouth 'I'll be fine. I'll tell you later,' before the burley receptionist places her blotchy hand on my shoulder and practically pulls me out into the hallway.

She strolls ahead of me, heels clicking against the floor- a distinctly terrorizing sound in the barren hallway. I walk silently behind her glancing at the classroom doors all shut sealing in the learning teenagers- which is where I should be.

Why am I being pulled out again?

We pass under a banner hanging low that reads Congratulations Lions- National Winners. The mood is still at an all-time high, buzzing with life around the school. The football team are being treated like royalty, not that they weren't before, but now it's insane. Especially with Blaze, he has his own little fan club following him around... mainly consisting of girls- I know people probably think I should be jealous of all his female attention, maybe I am a little. Especially after what happened in the hotel room, I'm inexperienced, quiet, shy and... well kind of weird I guess but he always reassures me, puts me at ease. Holding my hand whenever we're together, Increased PDA- which does make me slightly embarrassed but incredibly happy at the same time.

No matter how much he reassures me though I still feel... less than. I don't want to have sex with him and it be so disappointingly bad he hates me and breaks up with me. I'm scared I won't be able to give him what he wants and I know there's many a girl that can.

So lost in my head I don't even realise we've ended up in the main reception area. The receptionist stares at me like I'm shit on her shoe before pointing at one of the doors down the hall. "Mrs Stentham says you can go straight in." She huffs sitting behind the desk immersing herself in filing her horribly chipped nails.

I nod curtly at her even though she's not looking at me anymore.

I turn down the small hallway leading to the principles office, the light flickers above me. I don't have a scheduled meeting with Mrs Stentham, she's been much more of a reoccurring figure in my life since she found out about what was happening and I talk to her as well as my therapist but I don't understand why she wants me to see her now?