Chapter 59 ~ Cynic

My eyes flutter open and shut in that half-awake half-asleep state, the sheets are awfully warm

My eyes flutter open and shut in that half-awake half-asleep state, the sheets are awfully warm... in fact, I don't remember ever being this warm when I wake up. My eyes start to shut again deciding for themselves they'll have a few more minutes-

Slow bursts of hot air pulses against my neck... a grunt from behind me forcing my eyes open. The first thing they take in is the flurry of snow settling outside the window reminding me I'm in New York... the next eye-opener is the mess of objects and broken items that lay on the floor, a pile of soggy clothes in the corner of the room and... oh my god- my ribbon. My ribbon is strewn across the duvet, my hair tangled wildly around my face.

I'm hit with the memories from last night... well morning, my cheeks blushing a furious red. I can't believe that I- well i- I did... that.

Holy shit. Holy shittttttttt.

I'd always been so petrified to... you know... do that but looking back I can't deny it's been building over the past few weeks, finding myself wanting more every touch he gave me or every kiss no matter how passionate, my body craved more from him. When he touched me in the pool... I knew there was no way I could have stopped there, even if I wanted to. It was... it was like... ugh- I'm so fricking sheltered in this department I don't even have any words. it was... well it was fricking amazing. Something so raw and intimate passed between our two souls last night, it couldn't have been more perfect.

I slowly crane my neck around to see Blaze snuggled behind me with his head resting in the crook of my shoulder, keeping me flush against his chest with his arm around my waist. His hair lays unruly over his forehead, a deep raven black against the pillow. His eyelashes flutter against the welt on his cheekbone from just last night even though the fight feels like it was ages ago. So much has happened in the last twenty-four hours. I reach out to touch it, his skin hot beneath my finger, I move along his cheek and down his jaw drawing down the small line of stubble and pointed cheekbones. His flaming skin soft and a beautiful golden beneath my pale chilled fingertips. I drag my finger tentatively along his chin and up to his lips, plump and soft. He's so beautiful I could spend hours staring at him, commemorating every tiny detail to memory. He looks peaceful when he sleeps for the first time in a while, his features are relaxed and he looks more youthful despite the painful reminders on his face of the weight he carries.

Suddenly he jerks slightly taking my finger in between his lips and biting playfully, I shriek in shock as his hot tongue circles my skin and it ignites the aching desire inside me again, making me feel all squiggly.

"Morning Blondie." He says letting go of my finger and pulling me closer to him.

"Hi," I mumble into the sheets feeling nervous now. What if I was so tragically awful last night-

"Ah come on, don't go shy on me now, love. You definitely weren't last night-" I slam my hand over his mouth, his eyebrows arch up with challenge and a deep chuckle vibrates through my palm. My cheeks could light a match right now. Last night defiantly bought out parts of me- specifically noises- that I didn't know I possessed. "Don't be embarrassed butterfly." He winks and nips playfully at my fingers again. "I certainly enjoyed all those..."