Chapter 48 ~ Test Me

I watch her from the ajar door, flying through the air like my beautiful butterfly

I watch her from the ajar door, flying through the air like my beautiful butterfly. Her black leotard hugs her body, accentuating her perfect ass and perky boobs. Her face has a healthy sheen of sweat gathering across it and her blonde hair is tied tightly to the back of her head in a smart bun. Her sapphire eyes burn brighter, ablaze under the studio lights, she looks even more gorgeous when she dances because I know it's something she loves and something she's fought for.

I'm so proud of her, she's been working her absolute ass off with dance training every day, even when I can see how much her muscles ache and the routines not going right. Even when she wants to give up she doesn't and I admire that so much about her. She's still fretting about Julliard and I think that's what's driving her perfectionism through the roof. She's even been going to therapy, trying her hardest to open up. I know it's hurting her and everything's taking its toll on her. She usually comes home red-eyed, blotchy skin and keeps to herself for a while but I always try and do everything I can to make sure she feels better and losses the weight of the past for a while. I'll sometimes make her watch a film and eat ice cream whilst we cuddle on the couch or we'll end up going to the gym together. Although we usually end up just messing about with me helping her pull herself up on the bars. Or we'll go for a drive listening to music- that's our favourite thing to do when the sun setting and the horizon is just dark blue and orange, we drive around listing to each other's music and grab some food.

Fuck me. I am so fucking whipped... not that I'd want to be anything else with her.

If anyone could see how shitting mad I am for this girl they'd never believe it.

Atlas' routine comes to an end, her head lifts slightly as her lungs push oxygen into themselves. Her head stops when she sees me and a big grin spreads across her face. She brushes the curly baby hairs out of her sweaty face as I walk into the studio.

"Hey Blondie, Hey Gia." I nod over at Gianna my sisters, and now Atlas', dance teacher. Atlas has been training with her for a few weeks now and every time mom or I pick up my sister all we hear is how amazing both of them are doing for their age groups. I can't help the bolt of pride that shoots through me whenever I hear that. These feelings are so strong and as much as it scares me, I'm trying to embrace them rather than lock them out.

"Hey Blaze." She nods back opening her water bottle and throwing Atlas hers, "You can take off if you want Atty. That routine is looking pretty perfect, incredible even, especially for Julliard. Great extensions but if you want to be a really picky focus on your feet coming out of the grande jete in that last section" Gia winks at Atlas who stands with a tight-lipped smile, she worried since she hasn't even got an audition letter yet. But I know she will.

"I think I just need to run-"

"Actually you should run and get a shower." I interrupt her need to run it again and wrap my arms around her waist pulling her tiny body into mine. Her chest rises and falls rapidly still trying to suck in the air. I keep my eyes on her forehead as I brush away some more stray hairs tucking them behind her ear so I don't look down at her chest.