Chapter 61 ~ Lake

"Have you really started revising for finals?" Brady's voice booms through the eerily, but pleasantly, silent library

"Have you really started revising for finals?" Brady's voice booms through the eerily, but pleasantly, silent library. I drop my pen and twist in my seat to see Brady and Blaze wading through the rows of books, tables and students dropping their revision material to gawk at them.

"Huh?" I squint, rubbing two fingers on my temple trying to ease the headache spreading behind my eyes.

"You, Carrie and Emily are already bugging about fucking finals." Brady straddles the chair next to mine, Blaze places his hands on my shoulders and does wicked things to my back with his thumbs.

"Well yeah... it's already the start of March, finals are like only a month away..." I close my eyes and lean back into Blaze, so fricking tired. I've been bugging about finals for the last few weeks- even more so after Blazes offer to play with The Crimson Tide. I still haven't heard from Julliard and I need that scholarship which is why I've been holed up in here for almost every free period I have.

"Well, not today," Brady announces, jumping up and shutting my biology textbook, pulling all of my resources and stationery into my bag.

"What- what are you doing! Brady!"

"You work too hard Blondie." Blaze murmurs, clamping my fingers in his so I can't fight Brady as he swings my bag onto his back.

"Have you been outside today? We're having a fucking heatwave and as your best friend I refuse to watch you waste away inside, you're growing paler every second you spend amongst books. So we're going out for the day." His smile is triumphant like he's just had the most life-altering idea.

"It's second period B. We can't skip. I have too much to do. Give me my stuff." Both boys share an annoyingly smug look but I'm too relaxed to call it out with Blaze's hands on my neck.

"Do what you have to do, she's coming. We'll be waiting in the parking lot." He slaps Blaze on the shoulder and waltzes comically through the library, whistling an annoying theme tune to something I can't put my finger on.

"Blaze..." I moan as he moves into the seat next to me.

"Nope, I won't hear it. You work too hard and we all think you girls need a break so suck it up because we're going out."

"But- Blaze what-" He pulls my chair out and in one swift move he hauls me off the chair and I'm over his shoulder... HIS FRICKING SHOULDER. Thank the lord I'm wearing jeans today. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING. PUT ME DOWN!" I punch my small fists against his back.

"Shhh, my sweet. We're in a library." I can hear the smirk in his voice as he parades me through the library. I can practically feel everyone's eyes on me. As we reach the hall the mass of voices die out and my cheeks are quite possibly flaming.

"Blaze! Put me down!" I hiss which is only rewarded with more humiliation when he slaps my ass. Yes. Slaps my ass in the school hall in front of all my fellow students.