Valentines Day

Hey, everyone. I know it's a little early, but this is going to be a Valentines Day special. I hope you like it.

Val's POV

It's Valentines Day!

I was walking around TrollsTopia and looked around at trolls giving other trolls gifts for this holiday.

I have gotten a few Valentines Day gifts. From Poppy, Branch, Synth, Gust, Lownote Jones, and Demo.

I was now walking towards Branch's bunker until I heard a familiar voice.

"Val!" I hear Dante yell.

I turn around to see Dante flying over to me.

"Hey, Dante. Happy Valentines Day." I say to Dante.

"Happy Valentines Day. I have something for you." Dante says.

"What is it?!" I ask with excitement.

Dante gives me a present.

I open it to see a rainbow bracelet with a red heart on it.

"Dante, this is amazing! Thank you!" I say.

"You're quite welcome, Val." Dante says with a smile.

"Oh, here. I made this for you." I say before giving Dante a heart-shaped card with red and pink glitter.

"Thank you, Val. I will cherish this forever." Dante says.

After a few minutes of talking, Dante flies back back to Classical Crest, and I head into Branch's bunker.

Once inside, I enter my room and put all of my gifts on a shelf.

I hear a squawk from my bed. I look in the direction of the noise and see Echo standing on my bed.

"Hey, Echo. How has your Valentines Day been?" I ask.

Echo looks down sadly.

That face expression says it all. He doesn't have a Valentine for this holiday. So an idea pops into my head.

"Hey, how about we go find someone for you? So you're not so lonely on Valentines Day." I ask Echo.

Echo perks up a little and nods his little bird head.

"Okay, let's go." I say before starting to leave my room.

Echo flies towards me and lands on my shoulder.

I was thinking that Echo should have an animal as his Valentine. So the only place we have to go is in the forest.

As we search, we passed by a few animals. But Echo wasn't interested in any of them.

We were about to give up until we hear a squawk in the distance. We walk ahead and come to a little clearing  in the forest.

On branch stood a beautiful parrot. It had a mixture of pink and red feathers on it.

I smirk while looking at Echo only to see him in a trance as he looks at the parrot.

"Go on." I whisper to Echo.

Echo looks at me for a few seconds before looking back at the parrot. He gets a boost of confidence and flies towards the parrot.

As he lands on the branch, the female parrot looks in his direction.

They start squawking at each other, making a conversation.

I didn't know what they were saying, so I just waited to see what would happen next.

Soon, they start squawking happily while flying around each other.

This is the most beautiful moment I have ever seen in my life. My little Echo has finally found a Valentine.

Echo looks in my direction and squawks.

I walk over to them as Echo lands on my shoulder.

Echo says something to the parrot. And like earlier, I don't understand what he is saying.

The parrot nods before landing on my other shoulder.

I guess we are going back to TrollsTopia.

As a few hours pass, Echo and his new valentine have been happily hanging out with each other while I watch from a distance.

I love seeing Echo happy.

After a while, Echo and the parrot fly off into the forest.

I follow them to see what they were doing. And I find them standing next to each other on a branch.

But what surprises me is that I hear more squawks.

I look up to see a flock of parrots that look like Echo's valentine flying around them. I was confused on what they were doing there.

After a few seconds of their conversation, the family of parrots fly up towards the sky. And Echo's valentine follows after them.

I guess it's time for her to leave.

But she stops flying up when she notices Echo still on the branch looking at her. She squawks before motioning for Echo to follow her.

Is she asking for Echo to stay with them?

Echo looks hesitant to follow her. He wanted to go with her, but he also didn't want to leave.

"Echo." I say while walking to him.

Echo looks in my direction in surprise.

I hesitate before saying, "You can go if you want to. I won't mind."

To be honest, I don't want Echo to go. But Echo has makes his own decisions.

Echo looks between me and his valentine a few times. He soon flies on to my shoulder and rubs his head against mine.

He soon flies off my shoulder and flies next to his valentine while looking down at me sadly.

I sigh sadly before nodding.

Echo flies off with his valentine while I stand there by myself.

Well, at least I was able to raise him.

After a minute or two passes, I walk back to Branch's bunker.

I spent the whole night awake thinking about Echo not being here. It is very quiet and lonely without him here.

As I was about to close my eyes and go to sleep, I hear a familiar sound.

It was a squawk.

I get up and look at the end of my bed to see Echo standing there.

"Echo!" I whisper-shout as I hug him.

"I thought you were going to leave me." I say happily.

"Family...here." Echo says in his parrot voice.

"Well, I'm so glad you came back. Did your valentine leave with her family?" I ask.

Echo looks down while nodding.

"Hey, we'll find her again. I just know it." I say.

Echo smiles a little before flying to his bed. He gets comfy and falls asleep.

I smile before laying back down on my bed. I close my eyes and go to sleep...

...knowing that Echo will never leave my side.