Manager Poppy

Val's POV

Everyone was waiting in line to see Thundershock's concert tonight.

"Wow, Thundershock's show doesn't even start for eight hours, and look at all these trolls already lined up." Poppy says with amazment.

"Well, yeah. Word is Thundershock's concerts are a non stop thrill ride. I heard she opens by dropping from the sky." Branch says.

"I heard she smashes her guitar into a million pieces." Smidge adds.

"I heard the pieces transform into birds, which carry you off to a city in the clouds where you're crowned greatest DJ of all time!" DJ Suki says with excitement.

We all look at DJ Suki with confusion.

"Wait, did I hear that or did I dream it? Either way, I'm ready to rock." DJ Suki says afterwards.

"Fantastic. Way to show support for a fellow TrollsTopian. And speaking of showing support." Poppy says.

I already know what Poppy wants to do. She wants to go and visit Thundershock before the concert.

So I decide to follow her.

We make it backstage and see Thundershock laying down on a couch.

"Thundershock! We came by to say break a hair." Poppy happily.

Thundershock only glares in our direction.

"Okay, I have a feeling she doesn't want to see us right now. So I think I'll just..." I say while starting to leave.

But Poppy grabs my arm while still looking in Thundershock's direction. "I can't tell if you're upset or if this is just your regular face."

"Upset. My band manager, Demo, had an accident." Thundershock says.

"Oh, no." Poppy says worriedly.

"What happened?" I ask.

"He was sharpening up his hair spikes for the big show when..." Thundershock tells what happened.

So apparently, after Demo sharpened his hair spikes, things kept getting stuck into his hair since it was so sharp.

Must be hard for him.

"Jeez, is he okay?" Poppy asks.

"Of course, I'm not okay." We hear a voice say to the side.

We look in the direction we heard the voice come from and see, who I believe is, Demo laying down on the floor with a lot of thing stick in his hair.

"I can't manage like this. The show will have to be canceled." Demo says.

"What, no. All of TrollsTopia is lining up to hear Thundershock play." Poppy says afterwards.

"Yeah. Besides, I can handle not having a manager for one night." Thundershock says.

"Oh, really, Val?" Demo asks.

I perk up when I hear my name, but I forgot that he probably doesn't call her Thundershock. I'll get used to it.

"So you are going to handle all the mundane logistics like scheduling, equipment checks, promotions, and publicity?" Demo asks.

I can tell the Thundershock didn't like the sound of that.

"Okay, fine! We'll cancel the show!" Thundershock says before walking off.

"Wait. What if I was your manager tonight?" Poppy asks.

"You?" Thundershock, Demo, and I ask in unison.