The Buddy System

Val's POV

Today, Poppy and Branch are announcing about a system they have been working on. It's called the Buddy System.

A troll is given a piece of paper with name on it. And that name is the name of their buddy that they have to hang out with.

And as the Peacekeeper of Music, my job is to keep an eye on everyone in case something bad happens.

As everyone got their buddies, they started to walk off and leave me with Poppy and Branch.

"New friendships forming right before my eyes. I'm blissing out! I'm blissing out!" Poppy says with stars in her eyes.

Yup. This has been going on for hours.

Poppy hasn't come out of her faze yet, and I'm getting bored already.

"Poppy? Poppy!" Branch says.

Poppy finally gets out of her faze and looks around in confusion. "Huh? What?"

"You were out for seven hours. Not your longest bliss, but close." Branch says.

"Yeah. And now I'm a little tired from staying in the same position for that long." I add.

Just then, a pop troll named Rufus runs over to us. "Poppy!" He says.

"Rufus?" Poppy asks in confusion.

"Deep in the forest, I found a line of critter tracks headed right for the village. Adorable critter tracks." Rufus says.

Poppy then gasps with excitement. "It's a puppy parade! Ever few years the cuddle pup migration pattern brings them right through the village, creating a parade so adorable, the trolls... they... well... imagine the most excited  you've ever seen a troll and multiply it by ten." She says to us.

I was surprised to hear this. I also wonder why I have never heard or seen this puppy parade. But I am looking forward to see it.

"Sounds hazardous." Branch says.

"I've got to go tell the buddies. Buddies! Buddies!" Poppy says before running off to find our friends.

As Branch and I follow Poppy, we realize that no one is in their homes.

"That's weird. Where are they?" Poppy asks.

Just then, we hear talking and laughing in the distance.

We follow the laughing and see our pop troll friends sitting around a camp fire and roasting marshmallows.

The only thing different about this is that they are not with their buddies.

"Pop trolls without their buddies?" Poppy asks in confusion.

Poppy, Branch, and I jump off the tree we were on and walk towards out pop troll friends.

"Uh, guys, what's going on here? Where are your buddies?" Poppy asks.

"Oh. Hey, Poppy. Don't worry. They're right over there." Smidge says as she points in a specific direction.

We look in the direction Smidge was pointing in and see all the other trolls sitting around camp fires. But they were all in groups of their tribe.

I know for sure that Poppy is not going to like this.

Poppy gasps. "All the tribes... separated? Okay, we gotta talk. Everyone huddle up!" Poppy says to everyone.

All the trolls were huddled up to hear what Poppy had to say.

"Guys, what happened? The whole point for TrollsTopia is that the tribes live together remember?" Poppy asks.