Cloud Control

Val's POV

I wake up to hearing loud noise coming from Branch's room.

Once I get ready, I walk into his room to see what was going on.

"Branch, what is going... Oh." I say when I see cloud guy.

"Hey, Val. Today's our half annoyiversary and friendiversary." loud guy says while hugging me.

"Wait, friendiversary?" Branch asks.

"Yeah. Since I hang around with you a lot, I usually witness cloud guy annoying you. So you can say he some-what annoys me too, but we're also friends." I explain when cloud guy finally lets go of me.

"But we should call it something else instead of half annoyiversary and friendiversary." Cloud guy says.

"Oh, how about frenemy anniversary?" I ask with a little excitement.

"Yeah!" Cloud guys says with excitement.

Branch and I are now walking through the village with cloud guy following us.

"What better way to celebrate our special day than a stroll down irritation and friendship lane." Cloud guy says to us.

"Yeah, I guess." I say.

I can tell that Branch is not enjoying this.

"Look that's where you gave me your first eye roll, Branch. And over there, you said those three little words." Cloud guy says to Branch while pointing at different places in the village.

Branch then grabs cloud guy with annoyance. "You are infuriating!" He says.

"Aww, you remember." Cloud guy says. "Hey, Val, that's where you and I had our first hang out." He says to me while pointing towards the forest.

"Yeah, it was." I say while smiling and playfully rolling my eyes.

Branch stops in his tracks. "Wait, when did you hang out with cloud guy?" Branch asks suspiciously.

"It doesn't matter." While walking ahead of Branch.

Cloud guy sighs before saying, "Best frenemy and annoyiversary ever."

Just then, Poppy runs up to us.

"Frenemy and annoyiversary? What's that? Never mind, it has -ersary in it. I'm getting you a gift. This is going to be so fun!" Poppy says before running off.

It was quiet for a few seconds.

"Listen up, I am not-" Branch starts to say to cloud guy but gets interrupted.

"Hold that rant." Cloud guy says before running off somehwere.

Branch and I follow cloud guy only to see him talking with Laguna.

"You two know each other?" Branch asks.

"Unfortunately, yes. I'm all too familiar with this particular example of irritatum." Laguna says with irritation.

"I love it when she classifies me. Down low?" Cloud guy says before extending his hand out to Laguna.

Laguna gasps. "Note. I must not engage the cloud. He will simply pull his hand away and say, 'too slow.'" She says while writing in her notepad.

"Interesting theory. But you're the type of troll who can't resist testing a hypothesis, can you?" Cloud guys asks.

Laguna looked hesitant.

"Laguna, don't." Branch says.

"Do it." Cloud guy says.

Laguna was also getting nervous. But she ended up with going give cloud guy a high five.