Bring It In

Val's POV

Every trolls from the different tribes are being given their very own hug time watches.

Each watch corresponds with the tribes.

Once everyone got their watches, it was now time for their first hug time.

My watch glows and I hug Poppy, while she hugs me. But I also noticed that something off.

"Uh, Poppy, something's wrong with the classical trolls." I say while looking at the classical trolls, who were just standing around with confusion.

"No hugs? Uh, we better go see what's wrong." Poppy says.

We break from the hug and walk over to Dante and two other classical trolls.

"Hey, Dante. Why aren't you hugging? Is everything okay?" Poppy asks.

"Perfectly fine. Classical trolls simply... don't hug." Dante says nervously.

This causes Poppy, our friends, and I to gasp. But once Poppy and I stopped gasping, our friends continued to gasp.

"I think we should talk in private." I say.

"Good idea." Poppy says before leading Dante and me somewhere private.

We go through a patch of bushes and start talking about the situation.

"Dante, if you don't hug, how do classical trolls show love and affection?" Poppy asks Dante.

"We find a dignified bow sufficient." Dante says before bowing.

"So, like the end of a play." I say.

"A long, formal, emotionally guarded play." Poppy adds.

"Precisely." Dante says.

"But what about those special times when you're bursting with emotion and you just have to... AAAAAHHHHH!?" Poppy asks with excitement.

"Oh, we have those, but we certainly don't want to be left out of a TrollsTopian custom. Very well, Poppy and Val. May I have a hug?" Dante says to us.

Poppy and I walk over to Dante and give him a hug. Once we let go, we see Dante with stars in his eyes.

"I...I found that...uninspiring." Dante says.

"What? That can't be your reaction to your first hug. Here, let me try again." Poppy says before giving Dante another hug.

But that didn't do anything. She kept hugging him, but still ended up with the same result. No reaction.

"Okay, don't worry. We're gonna go up to Classical Crest, and we are not leaving until you understand the magic of hugs." Poppy says.

Once we are in Classical Crest, we settle in a room with a few more classical trolls.

"To appreciate hugs, I think all you need is a little practice. Let's start nice and slow by hugging this." Poppy says as she refers to the classical troll statue next to her and I. "Who wants to try?" She asks.

A hand raises from one of the classical trolls. "Minuet Sonata. I'm a fast study. They say it takes ten thousand hours to master a craft. I learned the violin in four." The classical troll, named Minuet says.

"Wow." I say.

"Well, you're a real go-getter, aren't you?" Poppy asks.

"In what language would you like me to answer that? I speak seven...teen......thousand............. Actually, no I got carried away there. It's seventeen." She says while flying over to the us.