19

Fara's picture up there ☝☝.

  * Omotara *

   Dazzline, mommy and I are seated in my parents house. Dazzline didn't want to come but mommy forced her.

   Dazzline hissed for the sixth time since we got here. She was seating in a funny way and she looked like she was going to be sick.

  Mom came out of the kitchen with dad behind her.

  "Um..Mrs Farrell, Tara, Tamar..."

"Dazzline, not Tamara" Dazzline interrupted.

  "Dinner is ready" mom completed her sentence.

  "Okay" mommy and I said in unison while Dazzline hissed, again.

  We walked to the dining room and sat, waiting for mom. Soon, mom came with the serving dish and sat down next to dad, opposite Dazzline.

  "I made ojojo. Let me warn y'all, it's spicy" mom said with a smile.

"And hot" dad added, flashing everyone a smile. More like flashing Dazzline a smile cause he was looking at her.

  "What's that?" Dazzline turned to me.

  "It's a meal made of water yam" I replied, my eyes glued to the ojojo mom was putting in my plate.

  "Oh, okay" Dazzline replied as she picked a fork and began to eat, munching slowly.

  "Do you like it?" Mom asked Dazzline.

   Dazzline pretended like she didn't hear.

  "Dazzline!" Mommy's voice was stern.

"Hmm?" She asked.

"Your mother is talking to you" mommy replied.

  "It's a bad habit to eat and talk at the same time mom" Dazzline rolled her eyes. "Doesn't she know that"

"Tamara, that's rude y’know" dad intervened.

  "My name is Dazzline. D-a-z-z-l-i-n-e!" She spelt her name.

  Mom looked down sadly and dad squeezed her hands. Dazzline must have noticed that because she apologized.

  "Sorry. I enjoyed the food" She said and continued with her meal.

  "That's good to hear" mom replied, smiling happily and the rest of the dinner continued with silence.

____________________________________

  "Dazzline, I'm sorry your father and I left you" Mom said to Dazzline who was so engrossed with whatever she was doing on her phone.

  We finished eating twenty minutes ago and we all sat in awkward silence until mom spoke up now.

  "Dazzline!" Mommy snapped as she snatched Dazzline's phone.

  "Mom!" Dazzline groaned.

  "Your parents are talking to you!" Mommy snapped.

  "As far as I can remember, mom, these people never raised me! They never even looked for me! Were they there when I was battling with  cancer? No mom! They weren't there! It was only you and dad!" Dazzline yelled.

Mom and dad were shocked. Including mommy and I.

  Dazzline had cancer?

"Don't ever call them my parents mom! Ask them why they dumped me!" Dazzline added, her voice was filled with venom and anger.

Mom burst into tears and dad took her into his arms, patting her back.

"Mtchew!!". I hissed and looked away. As if they didn't know that karma will catch up with them. What did they expect?

  So they thought they could leave one of their daughters in the hospital, lie that they had only one girl and the truth won't come back to hunt them?

  I swear, they deserve all that Dazzline is doing right now and even worst!

  To say I'm angry is an understatement. I'm beyond angry!.

  "Amani...." Dad was interrupted by Dazzline.

  "It's Dazzline, not Tamara or Amani" she snapped.

  Dad sighed. "Dazzline, we didn't dump you...."

     She interrupted him again. "You didn't dump me?! Then what did you do!?"

  "Dazzline, we left you there because  we had no money to take care of you two then. We were very poor. We could barely afford a three square meal back at Dakota. When Tara was three, and we moved back to Nigeria, I got a better job and when I started my own company, and I got rich, I swear, we tried to look for you but we couldn't find you. We didn't know where you were. It wasn't intentional to leave you at the hospital. We had no choice!" Mom cried.

"You had a choice! You did! Your choice was either to take me or to dump me and you dumped me!" Dazzline screamed in tears.
   "What if mom didn't find me?! What if I died?! The hospital was gonna give me to some orphanage!! I'm out of here!!"

Dazzline snatched her phone back from mommy and began to storm out of the house when mommy added more fuel to the matter.

   "Once you get home, Zari, start packing all that you'll need. You're staying here for the weekend!" Mommy said.

  "I can't believe this!" Dazzline huffed and left.

Well, as far as I'm not staying here, it's none of my damn business. I'm literally dancing in my head right now.

"And you too Tara. You're coming back home for good" mommy turned to me. Her voice held a tone of finality so I knew she wasn't joking.

Spoke too soon.

  Now I can't believe this. I'm gonna be stuck in this house for two days with Dazzline. Unbelievable!!

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

  Phew! Finally done with this chappy.

Sorry the chappy is not long. I'm not really a fan of long chapters.

I divided this chappy into two cause if I didn't, I wouldn't be able to complete this chappy today and I really wanted to do a valentine update.

Happy valentine people!!!💖.

Here's my val flower to all of you. 🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀.

Hope y'all like Fara's cast.

Lemme go now.

Thanks for reading.
Stay safe.
Till next time.
Love y'all.
Buhbyeeee!!!.
💖💖💖💖💖.

Word Count: 941.