SIX | year 3

WEREWOLVES

The sun shined inside Great Hall, she opened her eyes to see the magic ceiling of the Hall. She frowned, the chattering of students who are awake was heard and mixed with some of the students snoring. With an eye open, she searches for her blanket, and when she finally felt it, she grabbed it and covered herself and her head with it. Inhaling the scent that was really unfamiliar to her, her eyebrows furrowed as she inhaled it once again.

Does she really smell like a man?

A groan was heard, and she peaked through the blanket. She saw Harry moving, and she narrowed her eyes, ignoring him.

"May I please have my blanket back?" said his sleepy voice. Cassiopeia froze, hoping he was not talking to her. "Malfoy?"

"Me?" She asks, still under the blanket. Her eyes snapped open, and she was inwardly screaming.

"Who else?"

"Right," she threw it at him and then she sat up. "Sorry."

She inhaled Harry bloody Potter's scent.

Harry sat up as well, taking his glasses and putting them on. Cassiopeia fixed her messy hair, wiped the side of her mouth, hoping she did not drool in her sleep like she usually does after a long day.

"Everybody! Get up! Go back to your dorms, everything is now safe." shouted the Head Boy, a loud bell rang and students who were asleep bolted up.

•••

Clutching her book bag, Cassiopeia hummed a tune as she walked to class. Turning the corner, she bumped into someone, she was about to shout when a vision appeared.

"Go to sleep, Remus," said a man, who looked exactly like her Professor Lupin. "There are no monsters under your bed. Sleep, goodnight."

"But father—"

"Go to sleep, Remus. Now." He sent his son an angry glare before closing the door behind him. Later, the little boy heard a small growl under his bed. Remus blinked, scared. There was a loud growl, and a ugly werewolf had appeared in front of him.

With a loud scream, Remus tried to run to the door, but the wolf lets out a loud howl, looking at Remus like he is his next prey. Remus didn't do anything else but climb up to his bed, and watch as the ugly beast loom over him, teeth bared and sneering at the boy.

"NO!" yelled the man, as the door bursts open. The monster bit the boy on the shoulder, and Remus lets out a blood-curdling scream.

"Gryffindor!"

"Hello, I'm Sirius. Sirius Black."

"And I'm James Potter!"

"I'm Peter Pettigrew!"

"Nice to meet you all, I'm Remus. Remus Lupin." The boy held his hand out to the boy next to him, and they shook hands. Remus has many scars on face.

"The Potter's, murdered by You-Know-Who, Peter Pettigrew has been murdered by Sirius Black who has been sent to Azkaban..."

Yelling, and tearing down his house, Lupin turns into a werewolf, his long claws dragging on the walls with a loud and ear piercing screech.

She shook her head and blinked as the vision had finally ended, she looked up to see Professor Lupin looking at her apologetically.

"Forgive me there, Miss Malfoy." He smiled, though it did not reach his eyes.

"Professor," She managed to get out, she inhales a shaky breath and she smiled. "Sorry. I wasn't looking where I was going."

"Same here, Miss Malfoy." He nods, "We have not spoke about your Boggart."

"I don't really want to talk about it." She pursed her lips. Lupin nods, didn't push any further.

"It is all right, we all have that fear."

"You saw—?"

"Yes. I did." He places a hand on her shoulder. "But it is safe with me. Go to class, Miss Malfoy. You will be late."

He walked away, and Cassiopeia looked at him and furrows her eyebrows.

"And your secret is safe with me." She muttered. She continued to walk to class, confused and shock.

Her Professor is a werewolf.

A few weeks later, Cassiopeia sits next to her brother, ready for their next class, DADA. The chatters of students stopped when the door slammed and Snape walked in, he closes the windows, and he pulls down a screen over the blackboard and turns to the students.

"Turn to page 394." He commands, the students eye Snape and Cassiopeia nudges her brother who is doodling his boyfriend on a piece of paper.

"Excuse me, sir, but...where's Professor Lupin?" asked Harry, looking at Professor Snape who narrowed his eyes.

"That's not really your concern, is it, Potter?" spat Snape. "Suffice it to say, your Professor finds himself incapable of teaching at the present time. Page 394!"

Snape huffed, blows out a candle and a slide show begins. An ancient woodcut of a horrific beast flickers at the front of the room.

"Werewolves?" asked Ron. Cassiopeia bit her lip, and she looked at the board.

"But, sir, we've only just begun learning about Red Caps and Hinkeypunks," started Hermione. "We're not meant to start nocturnal beasts for weeks—"

"Quiet!" Snape hissed. "Now. Which of you can tell me the difference between an Animagus and a werewolf?"

As the class stares mutely at a slide of an attacking werewolf, Hermione waiting desperately for someone to respond to Snape's question.

Draco finishes scrawling on his parchment and his balls it up in in his hands, he opens it and a moth flutters from his palms, sending it to Harry on the other table.

"Sending a love letter?" whispered Cassiopeia, snickering.

"At least I did not sleep next to him in the Great Hall." smirked Draco.

"I did not have a choice, ferret boy."

"No one? How... disappointing." Snape pursed his lips.

"Please, sir, an Animagus is a wizard who elects to turn into an animal. A werewolf has no choice in the matter Furthermore, the werewolf actively hunts humans and responds only to the call of its own kind --" Hermione explains.

Draco lets out a howl, Cassiopeia stops gazing at the clock and she looked at Draco who smirked.

"Thank you, Mr Malfoy." said Snape, "That is the second time you have spoke out if turn Miss Granger." sneered Snape. "Tell me. Are you incapable of restraining yourself? Or do you take pride in being an insufferable know-it-all? Five points from Gryffindor!"

"You asked us a question and she knows the answer! Why ask when you don't want to be told?" Ron says loudly.

Cassiopeia looked at the redhead, impressed. Not many can speak up to Snape like that. Snape advanced on Ron slowly.

"Detention, Weasley," Snape said silkily, his face very close to Ron's. "And if I ever hear you criticize the way I teach a class again, you will be very sorry indeed."

Harry stares at the parchment, Draco has drawn a crude caricature of Harry in his Quidditch robes being struck by lightning over and over.

"As a antidote to your ignorance, I prescribe two rolls of parchment on the werewolf by Monday morning, with particular emphasis placed on recognising it." Snape huffed.

A/n
Adding book ron cuz "he's got a point you know" makes me wanna 🔪🔪🔪