TWENTY-NINE | year 5

LEGILIMENS

Cassiopeia gasped as she fell on the floor, she was all sweaty and tired. "We're finished! Stop, I'm tired!"

Snape held his wand out, and he rolled his eyes, "You haven't resisted Legilimens until now, and I've been trying to teach you for almost a month, Malfoy!"

"My god," panted Cassiopeia as she stood up, "That was teaching? All you do is throw that spell at me and yell at me afterwards!"

Snape snarled at her, "Did that night when you danced with Potter made you all soft?"

Cassiopeia's jaw dropped, "You did not see that," she gasps. "That's private!"

"The Dark Lord doesn't care if he enters your mind, he'll even use it against you," said Snape, "If it weren't Dumbledore that suggested teaching you, I would've never agreed to, I can't stand being in the same room as you,"

Cassiopeia chuckled, "You better get used to me Snape, you're stuck with me till the day you die!"

"As I told you before, make your mind blank and clear," he said, "you keep losing control,"

"I'm sorry that I'm not as good as you, Professor," Cassiopeia rolled her eyes.

Snape looked at her with disgust, "Legilimens!"

"You didn't give me a head start---!"

°°°

"You sure your family won't mind me coming along?" Cassiopeia asked Ron, as she threw her small bag in the compartment above them.

"I'm sure they will..." he turned to Cassiopeia who grimaced, "But they'll trust you when they know that Harry does,"

Cassiopeia wrote to her parents that she won't be coming home for Christmas, she knew that it'll be boring anyway. Ever since Cassiopeia and her brother turned 11, all their gives were not under the tree anymore. It would either be handed to them bitterly, or they would wake up, and their gifts would be on the foot of their bed.

Her parents agreed, because she didn't tell them anything about staying with Harry. And she just told Draco and her parents that she would stay at Hogwarts.

That meant trying to avoid any Slytherins in the train. Harry, Ron and Hermione picked the very last compartment, even though the train isn't packed full.

The whole train ride was quiet, mostly Ron and Hermione chatting, but it wouldn't last too long. They told Cassiopeia all about the nightmare Harry had, and she felt sorry for the boy, since he's also learning Occlumency with Snape, but Harry did not know Cassiopeia is too.

Soon, when the train stopped a few hours later, they were picked up by Mrs Weasley. All the Weasleys (the ones who are attending Hogwarts) all gathered with them, Cassiopeia quite nervous.

"Hello, children--" Mrs Weasley stopped, she surveyed Cassiopeia, who smiled awkwardly. Harry chuckled at her nervousness. "Malfoy?"

Cassiopeia held out a hand, "Hello, Mrs. Weasley, I- umm, good to see you!"

Cassiopeia stumbled with her words and the Trio couldn't help but laugh, Harry stepped in as Mrs Weasley shook Cassiopeia's hand.

"I invited her," said Harry, as he grabbed her hand. "I hope it's okay,"

"Of course, as long as you're fine with it, Harry," smiled Mrs Weasley, but her eyes looked uncertain. "Now, now, come along!"

°°°

Cassiopeia walked inside the Grimmauld Place, and she knew about this place, her mother had mentioned it quite a few times. It was dusty, corners of the Place had cobwebs.