ONE | year 3

A NEW BEGINNING

Gripping her heavy trunk, Cassiopeia puts it inside a small compartment before stepping down and rubbing her hands clean. She wore a fuzzy sweater and pants, to be as simple as possible. She eyes the crowd before stepping inside the scarlet train, shouts of goodbyes from families reached her ears. She looked back and then she cursed to herself.

"Cassiopeia!"

"Right. Coming!" She yelled, stepping inside a compartment with her brother.

"May I ask why are you wearing such ghastly clothes?" questioned Draco, eyeing her, a disgusted look on his face.

"I wear what I want." said Cassiopeia, sitting beside her brother. "At least I don't look like an old man."

Draco narrowed his eyes at his sister, but didn't say anything. The compartment door opened, to reveal a two boys and a girl who looks like a pug-

"Ah. Pansy." said Draco, "Meet my friends. Crabbe, Goyle and this is Pansy."

"I know." nodded Cassiopeia. "Pleasure."

They were silent, but Pansy was glaring daggers at Cassiopeia.

"Who's she?"questioned Pansy, narrowing her eyes.

"I'm his sister." Cassiopeia lifted a brow, inspecting the girl up and down.

"Didn't know that." said Pansy, furrowing her eyebrows. "You never told me you had a sister, Draco."

"He would never." stated Cassiopeia, she got up and nodded at the boys before opening the compartment door.

"Where do you think you're going?"

"Out of here." replied Cassiopeia, sending her brother a glare before slamming the compartment door shut.

She looked around for a empty compartment so she can be alone with her thoughts. Cassiopeia was quite early, she and Draco always was. She opened an empty compartment, sitting down on the seat, looking out the window, seeing the brown walls as she ponders things once again.

She hoped this year will be a new start, since Beauxbatons is not really the best school for her. People wouldn't care about her, since her title is practically useless in France. But... she doesn't want to be known as a Malfoy...but Cassiopeia only. Not the girl who's father is Lucius Malfoy and brother is Draco Malfoy, she hates her last name.

As the scarlet trains puffs out its smoke, the train ride to Hogwarts was cool, and quiet. No one else in the compartment other than herself. She's used to this, being alone all the time.

Just then, halfway through the train ride, the compartment started to rattle, lanterns started to flicker and the train begins to slow...Cassiopeia frowns, looks around...she grips her wand. Even if she has her wand, she knew too little spells to even duel someone.

She rises, then slide open the compartment door and peer into the corridor with a frown on her face. All along the carriage, heads look out in curiosity. When suddenly, the train jerks, and the car sways. The lamps above Cassiopeia flickered until they die one by one.

"Oh...this isn't good..." she muttered to herself, seeing a wisp of steam escaping her mouth. Cassiopeia wipes a patch of condensation from the window. When suddenly, the car sways violently as if it were being pushed.

She looks at the compartment door, blinking in shock as she sees a hand, slimy and scabbed, looks like a skull, grips the half-open compartment door, pushes it aside.

A towering, cloaked figure, its face hidden beneath its black hood. Cassiopeia's colour drained and she looks around in panic. When suddenly, it turns to the other compartment, floating away as Cassiopeia lets out a shaky breath.

First time in the train of Hogwarts and she sees a bloody dementor. Great. Thunder cracks and lightning paints the icy windows.

•••

Dusk is gone, and the windows are black and the train is shaking gently. She lets out a breath as she continued to stare outside the window, forgetting to bring her book is absolutely boring. She looks at the droplets of water, unfrozen and the rain pouring down.

She spotted the castle, its light shining bright from the windows. The train was slowly stopping, and she stood up, took her purse and grabbing her coat inside.

She opened the compartment door, just realising that she was in the very end of the train. It was now empty, and she walked down the small hallway, when she heard a call from a girl.

"Crookshanks! Get back here!" The girl yelled, Cassiopeia spotted a ginger cat and picked it up. The girl with bushy hair stopped running and walked over to Cassiopeia out of breath. "Thank you."

Cassiopeia smiled and handed her the ginger cat. "No problem."

"I've never seen you before," said the bushy haired girl. "Are you new?"

"Yes." nodded Cassiopeia, as the two started to walk out. "I was...transferred here."

"Ohh," the girl nodded, "Oh. Sorry, where are my manners? I'm Hermione."

Hermione held her hand out, Cassiopeia took it and smiled. Cassiopeia was about to tell Hermione her name, but she heard someone yell:

"Transferee! Transferee! Over here!"

"Well, I...I'll see you later, Hermione." smiled Cassiopeia, "I'll tell you my name later!"

"Bye!" yelled Hermione, and walking back to where Ron and Harry were looking about.

"Ah. There you are Hermione." said Ron, "C'mon lets go."

"Who was that girl you were talking to?" asked Harry, furrowing his eyebrows.

"I actually don't know," replied Hermione with a shrug. "I did not catch her name."