FORTY-SEVEN | year 6

Whispers in the Corridor

☆☆☆

Cassiopeia's desperation grew more palpable with each passing day, the room of requirement echoing with the frustration of her futile attempts to repair the vanishing cabinet – a task Voldemort had specifically set for her and her brother. The pressure of keeping the truth hidden from those she cared about intensified, creating a relentless storm within her.

In the late hours, long after the castle had succumbed to silence and shadows, Cassiopeia found herself immersed in the vast knowledge housed within the library. She pored over books on dark magic, seeking a solution that could mend the vanishing cabinet and fulfill Voldemort's ominous orders without jeopardizing the relationships she had forged, particularly with Harry.

Unbeknownst to her, Harry sensed the turmoil that gripped Cassiopeia. Oblivious to the depth of her struggles, he accompanied her to the library, offering a silent presence beside her. As she buried herself in research, he patiently waited for an opportune moment to breach the walls she had erected.

As the days unfolded, the tension at Hogwarts reached its zenith. Voldemort's ominous presence loomed larger, and students grappled with the growing fear of an impending conflict. Cassiopeia, caught between the loyalty she felt toward her family and her deepening connection with Harry, found herself entangled in an impossible choice.

One evening, as darkness draped over the castle, Cassiopeia stood alone in the Astronomy Tower, her gaze fixated on the starry expanse. The weight of her decisions pressed heavily on her shoulders.

The path ahead, she understood, would be fraught with danger and betrayal. The secrets she guarded were intertwined with a destiny she couldn't escape.

The shadows of betrayal and loyalty converged, casting a veil of uncertainty over Hogwarts. The wizarding world hurtled towards an inevitable clash between light and darkness, and Cassiopeia found herself at the heart of this impending storm.

°°°

In the dimly lit bathroom of Hogwarts, where the silence was only broken by the occasional drip of water, Draco Malfoy found himself seeking solace in the presence of Moaning Myrtle. His usually composed demeanor shattered, replaced by the raw vulnerability that came with the weight of his family's expectations and the recent revelation about his father.

As Draco leaned against the cold, stone sink, his silver eyes mirrored the turmoil within. Silent tears streamed down his pale cheeks, each droplet a testament to the inner conflict that raged within him. He had always been taught to believe in the ideals of blood purity and the supremacy of Slytherin, but recent events had unraveled the facade of his convictions.

Moaning Myrtle, the ghostly inhabitant of the bathroom, floated near, her mournful wails a constant companion. "Oh, Draco, dear, what's troubling that handsome head of yours?" Her ethereal form circled him, her curiosity piqued by the unusual sight of Draco in distress.