TWELVE | year 3

END OF THIRD YEAR

Cassiopeia woke up, Hermione's worried face looking at her, who sighed in relief when she saw Cassiopeia had woken up.

"Thank god you're awake," smiled Hermione, as she now walks over to Harry who is still unconscious on his bed.

Cassiopeia grimaced in pain when she felt a stining headache. She looked at Harry, who is now trying to sit up, groaning.

"Harry--" Hermione was cut off by Harry.

"I saw my dad,"

"What?" Hermione furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

"He sent the Dementors away," said Harry. "I saw him. Across the lake..."

"Well, you probably hit you head because there was no one there other than the soul-sucking Dementors," Cassiopeia added.

"Listen, Harry. They've captured Sirius," Hermione explains. "Any minute the Dementors are going to perform the Kiss."

"The Kiss...?" Harry looks confused.

"Its what Demenros do to those they want to destroy," said Cassiopeia, standing up, trembling. "They clamp their jaws over the victims mouth and suck their soul."

"You mean, they're going to kill Sirius?" gaped Harry, fear in his eyes.

"Nope," Cassiopeia shook her head, grabbing her jacket from the chair then puts it on. "Its much worse. You go on living. But your memory is all gone. No semse of self. You're just an empty shell."

She tries her best to walk, but her head was spinning and it was painful. She groans, still trying to walk away.

"Where are you going?" questioned Hermione.

"Out of here before I get dragged into another dangerous adventure," replied Cassiopeia.

she bumped into Professor Dumbledore who gave her a smile.

"Sorry, Professor," she apologised.

"Headmaster! You've got to stop them! They've got the wrong man!" exclaimed Hermione.

"It's true, sir," nodded the raven haired boy. "Sirius is innocent--"

"It's Scabbers who did it!" added Ron.

"Scabbers?" asked Dumbledore, furrowimg his bushy white eyebrows.

"My rat, sir," explained the ginger. "Only he's not really a rat. Well, he was rat. You see, he used to be my brother Percy's--"

"The point is...we know the truth," the bushy haired girl spoke. "Please, sir, you must believe us."

Cassiopeia nods in understanding, remembering the time Sirius told her that he was framed. She watched back and forth as the trio try to convince the old man.

" I do, Miss Granger. But I'm sorry
to say the word of three thirteen-
year-old wizards will convince few
others," said Dumbledore. "A child's voice, however honest and true, is meaningless to those who have forgotten how to listen."

"Wow, okay," muttered Cassiopeia.

As Dumbledore turns to the window, a shooting star plummets silently through the sky. "Ah... a shooting star. If ever
one was to make a wish, now would be the time. But time, I'm afraid, is precisely our  problem..."

As if on cue, the midnught bell began to chime...DING! DING!

"Mysterious thing, time. Powerful. And, when meddled with...dangerous  Sirius Black is in the topmost cell of the Dark Tower," spoke Dumbledore, he turned to Hermione who had a knowing look on her face. "You know the laws, Miss Granger. You must not be seen. And you
would, I feel, do well to return before this last chime. If not... well, the consequences are really too ghastly to discuss. Three turns should do it, I think. If you succeed, more than one
innocent life may be spared tonight."