FORTY-FOUR | year 6

THE OPAL NECKLACE

THE OPAL NECKLACE

°°°

Days were going fast, now snow has been falling down from the sky. Its almost Christmas break and that can give them extra time to keep fixing the cabinet. Still, their number one priority is fixing the vanishing cabinet.

Cassiopeia sat in front of Draco, munching on toast in deep thought. Draco, his eyebrows furrowed, was reading a book about the vanishing cabinet that Borgin had sent them a few days ago.

A few moments later the post came. Owls came flying in the Great Hall, dropping their packages or letters on the breakfast table. Cassiopeia looked up to see an owl swoop down, landing on the table.

Cassiopeia took out a letter that was attached on its leg. She smirked, reading who it came from.

"What's that?" asked Draco.

"Borgin sent me a letter," she whispered.

"And?"

Cassiopeia opened it, read it as fast as she could before handing it to Draco.

"And it seemed like he has finally done it," she grinned.

"What made him get the necklace back?" He asked, handing the letter back to Cassiopeia.

Cassiopeia grabbed it, folded it neatly before placing it in her bag. "I did ask our dear friend Greyback to pay him a visit, didn't I? And he did, a few days ago."

Draco nodded, "that means later? At Hogsmeade?"

"Didn't you read?" Cassiopeia rolled her eyes, "Yes. Later. I'll talk to you about it more in the room."

Then she got up, grabbing her bag and her remaining toast, and walking out of the Great Hall. Since it was a weekend, Cassiopeia did not need to skip any classes today. She sat in the room of requirement in front of the cabinet.

Cassiopeia already had planned what she might need to do with the opal necklace, and all she needed was for Draco to agree with her. Although it might seem like a very stupid idea, they might as well try...

Draco had agreed to her plans later that day, he didn't object. But if they do get in trouble, she will be taking all the blame. Of course, she wouldn't do that, but Cassiopeia agreed, so he could shut up.

Cassiopeia tightened her coat as she and Draco hurriedly went through the snow. Cassiopeia went over to the post office first as Draco went to the Three Broomsticks.

The horrid smell of owl droppings reached Cassiopeia's nose. She grimaced, as she went over to the front desk.

"Name?" asked a thin, grey haired man.