SEVENTEEN | year 4

FIGURING OUT THE FIRST TASK

Dear father,

I am doing well in my classes, and I hope you and mother are well at home. I am making my reports about Potter and his friends, I cannot get much information anymore since they stopped talking with me because Draco couldn't keep quiet.

Yesterday, the champions of the Tri-Wizard Tournament were announced, and Potter was the fourth one to be chosen. It is odd, considering that he cannot put his name in the Goblet of Fire because he is not of age to join.

Oh, and Draco has been bothering me quite lately since I've been trying my best to regain the trust of Potter and his friends.

Sincerely,
Cassiopeia.

Cassiopeia places the parchment inside the letter, then stamping it with the wax. She grabbed her jacket before walking out of her dorm and to the Tower where she sends and receives letters.

As she was about to walk in, she bumped into Harry Potter himself. She muttered a curse before holding the letter in her hand as tight as she can, making sure she won't be an idiot and drop it.

"Harry! Hi!" She waved. Harry's eyes light up and he smiled back.

"Umm, hello," he said. "Listen, about Ron on the train last time, I tried talking to him, but you know him--"

"Oh that? It's been almost two weeks, it's fine," she pursed her lips. "He was a bit...right you know, he stopped when you walked away."

"But you tried anyway," said Harry.

"Yeah, umm, by the way," she changes the subject, not wanting to dwell on it more. "How in the name of Salazar Slytherin did you put your name in the Goblet of Fire?!"

Harry lets out a heavy sigh, "I would never do that, why would I put myself in danger?"

Cassiopeia nodded as she gave her letter to her owl, watching as it flew away, the brown letter with her fathers name on its beak. "True,"

"No one from Gryffindor except for Neville is talking with me," Harry puts his hands in his pocket. "Not even Hermione or Ron,"

Cassiopeia frowned, "Because of that?"

"Yep," Harry mumbled, he looked at her before asking: "No one likes me now, I guess."

She chuckled, "Welcome to my world and don't worry, I do." She winked, before bumping on his shoulder playfully as she walked out of the tower, Harry trailing behind her.

"You don't have friends?" He asked, "That's impossible."

"Tried my best to make some, they don't really trust me,"

Harry's forehead creased, his mouth set in a straight line as two walked down the stairs, knowing that they could be one of the reasons why she doesn't have friends, It's because Ron, Hermione and himself, don't trust her.

But there's seriously something that caught Harry's eye and a feeling that he should trust her.

And so, since he has no one to talk to, he decided to trust her.

But he always did, even before.

And it was odd.

°°°

Cassiopeia flipped her notebook, trying her best to help Harry by finding out what their first task is, sitting next to Harry under the big tree.

As she scribbled and crumpled the parchment, Neville gasps and talks to himself. "Amazing...amazing!"