NINETEEN | year 4

THE YULE BALL

"Oh, come on, you must be kidding me!" mumbled Cassiopeia as she smacks her head with her brush after it got stuck. She muttered various curses under her breath, her anger issues slowly going overboard as she threw the brush across the room.

She was the only person left in her dorm, but she wasn't late. It is because the other girls went early. She took a breath in and out, until she ran down the stairs.

She was still wearing her casual clothes, since she wanted to do her hair before she changes.

She ran out of the Common Room, then ran through the hallways that were empty and outside to the carriage where she knew Fleur would be in.

She knocked and Fleur, who was surprised to see her, looked at her in shock. "Hello, Cassiopeia! Why aren't you ready yet?"

"I'm so sorry for bothering you, uhh, is it all right if you help me with umm..." she motioned towards her hair. "My mother used to do my hair whenever there were balls back at home, I never really learned how to do it myself..."

"Of course! I'd be glad to help you, I will go finish up, and I'll be in front of the Slytherin Common Room in 20 minutes."

"Wonderful, thank you!" She hurried along through the cold snow, running back to the Common Room. She did her makeup, took out her dress from her trunk. She looked at it in awe, before placing it back on the bed.

Fleur came along after a few minutes, did her hair and with many thank you's from Cassiopeia, she then rushed off to her friends.

°°°

"Poor kid, bet she's alone in her room crying her eyes out," said Ron.

"Who?" questioned Harry.

"Hermione of course," the redhead replied. "Come on Harry, why'd you think she wouldn't tell us who she's coming with?"

"Because we'd take the mickey out of
her if she did," Harry pursed his lips.

"Because nobody asked her. I would have taken her myself if she weren't so bleeding proud." said Ron, he looked at Harry who was biting the insides of his lips. "What's the matter with you, mate? You look like someone broke your heart."

"I'm fine, Ron," glared Harry.

"Oh maybe you are, because Cassiopeia Malfoy is being taken to the Ball by some other bloke," teased Ron, "Seriously, Harry, her? The enemy?"

"She's not enemy, Ron, her family is. Not her."

Ron stopped Harry from walking, then lifting a brow. "They're all the same, believe me."

"Well, believe me she isn't like her family." Harry scoffed.

"Getting all defensive about girlfriend, eh?" Ron chuckled as he nudged Harry.

"She's not my girlfriend, besides I like someone else..."

'Does he?' Harry thought.

°°°

Cassiopeia walked down the empty Hallway, the clicking of her heels is the only noise that can be heard. She was starving, she has not eaten in a few hours, and she couldn't wait to finally eat.