FOURTEEN | year 4

LETTERS

Cassiopeia felt like she did not even sleep, the sun has already shone through her bedroom window hitting her face. She groaned, turning to the other side of the bed, hugging her pillow.

As she was about to drift back to sleep, a knock was heard. She flinched, standing up slowly and walking towards the door. Her mother smiled at her, "Hello dear, you better get your things ready downstairs,"

"It's time already?" The girl asked, inwardly groaning. Her mother did not reply, only nodding then walking away to her brother's bedroom.

Cassiopeia closed the door, letting out a tired sigh as she took her clothes that was ready the night before. She changed in silence, then she walked to the window, opening it and breathing in the fresh air.

She took her hair brush, then looking at it before deciding that she is too lazy to brush her hair today, so she took a hair tie, braiding her hair. She walked out of her room, seeing her brother who rolled his eyes at her.

"What's wrong with you?" She scoffed at his attitude.

"I don't like seeing your face," he replied, walking away to the stairs. She let out a huff before following his lead down the stairs. They walk to the dining room where her mother was seated next to their father who had an annoyed look on his face.

The two children bid their parents 'good morning', only their mother replying back, and a grunt from their father. They took their seat and ate in silence, the only thing that can be heard was the sound of their utensils and plates.

Their father stood up, grabbing his long coat and his cane before walking out of the Manor, slamming the front door close.

"How was your sleep, children?" asked Narcissa, giving them both a soft smile.

Draco shrugged in response.

"It was okay, I guess," she replied. The silence again filled the air, so Cassiopeia stood up and left the dining table after nodding to her mother and walking back to her room.

She got all her trunks ready, carrying them down near the front door. She took all her small things, such as books that she would read on the train, and hair ties just in case and she places her wand on her pocket. She opened her drawer near her bed, noticing the letter that her Aunt sent for her with her name written on it.

Hesitating, she debated the thought wether to open it or not. But she was too curious to let it go, so she sat down on her bed, the letter in hand.

Cassiopeia slowly opened it, the parchment looking all torn and old. Despite Bellatrix being insane, her handwriting was quite clean and elegant, not what Cassiopeia had expected. And definitely not expecting the letter to be sounding...normal?

Hello Cassiopeia,

Hello lovely, I hope you're doing well, this letter might come unexpectedly, but I thought about you yesterday. Its been a long time since I've seen you, I know you will grow up to be a beautiful girl.

If you're asking, I am doing well here in Azkaban, the thunder is giving me headaches though. I have no bed to sleep on and the prisoners here make me want to kill them all slowly and painfully.