Chapter 30

Flashback #1 (Ririka's Pov)
----------
Sachiko came over to hang out today again. I enjoyed spending my time with her, she can be really sweet at times, but others she can be really rude. She knows that Kirari and I are twins, the amount of time together, and the fact that our parents are really close she already knew.

At the time, Kirari and I are both 14, while shes 15. 1 year older. Kirari and her spent a lot more time together then she would with me. It was quite sad since I felt safe around her, even if she was a bit rude. Her and my sister would always disappear together, going to Kirari's room. Meaning I had no one to hang out with.

Even if I was the older twin, my parents preferred Kirari, she was also going to be the head of the Momobami clan. I didnt think it would bug me, but when it did I started to wear a mask. I hide my emotions from everyone, showing emotions was a sign of weakness.

This mask was basically my only friend, I never took it off from my face unless I were alone in my room, or if I was with Kirari.

What I found truly amazing was how much Kirari could actually hide her emotions. She never showed her weaknesses, you could never tell if she was happy or not. Only by her tone of voice was noticeable. But she soon figured out how to control it, hiding her completely from her emotions. I was truly amazed by her, being able to do such a thing, something I had to use a mask to do.

Even if Kirari never showed it, I know she loves me. I love her as well, she can be sweet to me, but that's only when were alone. I take my mask off whenever I'm around her, makes me feel more comfortable. It makes me feel loved.

Something I dont get from anyone else.

...

Flashback #2

Sachiko continued to visit us, not so much of us now. It was mostly to see Kirari. It was as if they were dating. She at least acknowledged my presence, but not for too long. We had short conversations together, something small. Little details of what happened in the few times she hadn't visited.

We were now a bit older since the first time she came. We had talked for over 2 years. She had went to a new school the previous year, and this year we were going to this school. Shes now 17, Kirari and I are 16.

The night before we were going to the new school. There was a knock on our front door, it was around 10:30pm, pretty late. Walking to the door, I open it to see Sachiko.

"Where's Kirari?"

"In her room upstairs, is everything alright?"

I still had my mask on, but she was already used to this, also used to the robotic voice. It didn't bug her anymore.

"Everything's perfectly fine, may I see her?"

"Oh- uh of course, come in."

Walking in, she had a small smile on her face, not very noticeable. Closing the door, locking it afterwards, I guide her to Kirari's room. I didn't talk to her the entire walk there, I preferred silence.

"Kirari? Someones here to visit you."

"Come in."

Opening the door I see her laying on her bed, Sachiko was right behind me, she was taller than me, so Kirari immediately recognized her. She seemed shocked at first at the sudden drop in, but sat up hesitantly.