Chapter 53

Third Person

Christmas was coming soon, the weather shifting ever so slightly to colder weather. Tree leaves changed colours, as they would eventually fall, creating a colourful pattern everywhere.

There Hyakkao academy stood, the prestigious school filling with students everyday, the only gambling school to exist, where grades were based on how well you could gamble and the usual classes.

Simple Christmas decorations were set up around the school, including inside, not much was set, but the conversations of Christmas grew bigger. Presents were being decided, or bought, as people prepared for the special nights ahead of them.

Y/n L/n, a student who fell into a major debt in the few days she had arrived at Hyakkao, was found in one of her classrooms, a little too early before classes. The teacher sat at her desk, preparing her things for the lesson of the day, not paying much attention to any students already in class.

Many students had already figured out what had happened with Y/n, and the amount of money she had lost. More importantly to who.

Kirari Momobami, and the Vice President. Basically the rulers of the school, the ones who had more power over teachers and Kirari, the one who created the pet system.

Some people didn't hear the full story, meaning they thought Y/n had gone up against Kirari and the Vice President straight away, others knew she had first went against Mary, lost, then the twins, losing to them too. That's all they knew, and all they needed to know. The collar Y/n constantly wore, although mostly being hidden, they knew better than to gamble against her, who knows what the Momobami's may do if they did find out someone gambled against their pet.

So, how was Y/n going to get her money back then? Good question.

Ririka's Pov:

We were only halfway through the day, but as student council members, we had multiple meetings, some that happened during our classes. This one was about future events, and the usual, gambling between students, or council members.

Everybody took their usual spots, although Kaede's chair was left empty. Kirari took her chair, the chair in front of the other members, Sayaka stood to her left, documents in hand, ready to hand specific papers, and I, stood to her right. I wasn't one to talk much during our meetings, but I would say the statistics of certain dens across the school.

"Sayaka, hand me those documents again~. I need to check something."

She did as she was told, and the room went silent, the only noise being from Runa's video game.

"Vice President. Are there any dens late in paying their fees?"

The robotic voice activated as soon as I spoke; "One. It's a small den at the opposite side of the school. The person is behind 100,000 yen."

"Hmm? Check on them after school, alright?"

I nodded my head in agreement, it was a usual task, one that I didn't mind doing, it was a quite simple. Get the money, or kick them out of the den. I could drop by Y/n's classes before heading out. Maybe I can ask her to go with me... would she want to though? She isn't a council member.

______________

With the meeting coming to a close, the bell rang, dismissing all students from classes. The hallways were always full, and the council members usually waited a bit for it to clear out, before leaving. Some students stayed for some after school gambling, allowing me the chance to talk to whoever was behind on their den taxes.

Grabbing my documents, I headed over to the council room doors, opening it, and in came the noise from the hallways, closing the doors after. My first visit was Y/n's locker, I'd wait for her there and ask her. As I'm walking, people cleared from my path, avoiding any interaction with me, no matter what, good, as they should.

To my luck, there Y/n was, grabbing her school stuff for her bag, until she noticed me; "Vice President~", students around us slightly turned their heads, some avoiding to look my way completely. The robotic voice activated; L/n, want to walk, and chat for a bit?". She happily agreed, leaving her stuff in her locker, and we headed off.

"So, where are we going?". I mentally thanked her for not using my name out in the hallways, most students still didn't know of my name, and my face under the mask.

"Doing some student council duties... but I wanted you to come with me."

"Oh really~?" A small smirk was present on her face, as we turned the corner, arriving at the den. "Don't get any ideas Mittens."

One swift knock on the door, and I walked in, noticing the room to be completely empty.

"Sorry, the den isn't open today for gambling- oh. Ms. Vice President..."

A girl came from behind on of the bookshelves, her short red hair resting on her shoulders. A noticeable mittens tag rested on her chest. "I'll be right back."

Y/n exchanged a weird look towards me, but I realized that the girl looked oddly familiar, I couldn't exactly remember from where.

"Well well, to what do I owe the lovely visit Ririka~?"

That voice.

Another figure appeared from behind the bookshelf, the usual smirk rested on her face as she stared my way. Sachiko Juraku.

"You know exactly why I'm here." Proceeding to take my mask off to actually speak with her, Y/n stuck to my side, slightly behind me.

"Please, enlighten me again, I may have forgotten."

An audible sign escaped my lips; "You owe the student council 100,000 yen."

"My, I must have forgotten to pay. How I do miss being part of the student council... don't worry, I have it all right here Ririka~."

The red haired girl had left, and a minute later she came back with a briefcase, placing it on the table, and opening it, revealing the owed money.

"Is this some sort of trick Sachiko-?"

I had to question her, it seemed a bit suspicious, Sachiko isn't the type of person to just forget to pay. "Why would you accuse me of such a thing, I would never... although~."

"Spit it out."

"I always wanted Y/n to be my little pet~." I felt Y/n shuffle slightly, holding onto the sleeve of my blazer. "MISTRESS, YOU CAN'T DO THAT. IM THE ONLY PET YOU NEED, I PROMISE!!"

"Mikura." A silence hit the den, no one moved or spoke, and the girl known as Mikura came back into my mind, Mikura Sado, she had often joined us during student council meetings whenever Sachiko was present during those meetings. "So, how about it Ririka?"

"No. I will not let you. I am here for the money you owe and that is it." Heading over to the table, grabbing the briefcase, I remembered something. Before I could think, a hard slap was heard across the room, as the sound softly echoed. My hand was raised towards Sachiko's face, her head turned to the side by the force, as a slight red hand mark was printed on her right side of her face. I headed for the door, both Mikura and Y/n mouths wide open of shock; "I know exactly what you did when we were younger. Keep your hands off my younger sister. I will kill you with my own 2 hands next time."

I placed my mask back on, turning back around to face her one last time to see her face, her usual smirk was back on, I shut the door as soon as Y/n walked out.

We proceeded to walk to the student council room in silence. A comforting silence.

Authors note: I do realize that Sachiko and Mikura have already left the school, or aren't present in Kakegurui, but let's pretend that they are both still here :D

Words: 1336