Chapter 42

"Your life Itsuki."

Y/n's Pov
--------------
Yumeko's voice rang throughout the entire room, silence was the only thing you could hear. Itsuki was visibly panicking, it was a bad idea getting together with Yumeko. Big, big mistake.

Nothing ever stops Yumeko, shes just someone with an obsession, an obsession with gambling, an addict.

I observe as Yumeko slowly talks to Itsuki, as if she were a little kid receiving horrible news. Bummer I wasnt able to understand what she was saying, but she was whispering in her ear while smiling.

I grab a handful of popcorn, popping one by one in my mouth, not taking my eyes off the 4 on the stage.

Kaede was trying to keep his cool, sweat was visible on his face, slowly falling down.

Itsuki decided to say no, fighting the urge of crying, she was going to any second now.

Yumeko signing in defeat, she gave Ririka a glance, then turned her cards towards Itsuki.

"If your not willing to give these cards a chance, well then it cant be helped."

Just as shes going to give up from the match Itsuki interrupts her. She finally had the courage to talk.

She takes a glance at her nails, carefully lifting them up in the air... she gives off a sheepy smile, then puts her nails in her mouth, oh God no, please dont, and in a quick second she rips her nails off her fingers, blood is splattered onto the floor. Her nails dropping to the floor.

"Vice President, I'll raise him... MY LIFE!"

Everyone gasps, I sit there dumbfounded, she literally just ripped out her nails, the blood dripping down her arms now... reminds me of when I was younger...

Yumeko looks pleased with herself, content she managed to convince Itsuki to bet her life, while Kaede sat there star struck. He was unable to form proper sentences, his eyes darting back and forth, looking at Itsuki, Yumeko then to Ririka.

"This cant possibly be acceptable! You cant allow this! Therefore I reject your raise."

Yumeko just giggles at Kaede's statement, her eyes gleaming even redder than before. "Oh, but is that your decision? Surely, it is the decision of the dealer, and the dealer is our dearest Vice President. Miss Vice President, what is your ruling? Will you allow this bet to take place?"

My eyes shift to Ririka's figure, looking straight ahead, her head looks down, then to the side where Itsuki is standing.

"I will allow this bet." Her monotone voice echos across the walls, Runa let's out a small giggle, apparently things werent supposed to turn out like this. On the other side, Yumemi looks just as shocked as me, and well Sayaka, she looked panicked, the student council cant have another member losing to Yumeko.

Kaede is full on panicking, he looks as if hes about to have a panic attack. "No one can accept a bet like this?! Only the President can, a-and she isn't here!"

An audible sign was heard from Ririka's mask, but then she moves her hand towards her mask, "Are you certain of that?"

As if everything was going in slow motion, Ririka takes her mask off, her hair following the mask as she takes it off.

But then... I see those blue lips... Kirari? But- how? I've been hanging out with Kirari this entire time...

An even louder gasp was heard from the crowd, the other 3 on the stage were confused.

"W-what are you d-doing here?!" She walks over to Kaede, leaning slightly on his shoulder, close to his ear.

"Isn't it obvious? So I can see the look on your face right now myself."