Chapter 38

Y/n's Pov
--------------
Last period, last hour, I can do this... I just have to get through this class then I can head to the student council room.

My seat was right beside Mary, I was on her left-side. She kept eyeing me every once in a while, as if she were thinking of a plan. I tried to focus to what the teacher was saying but Mary made it hard, it was as if her stare was burning a hole in my head.

The teacher called on me to answer one of the questions, it was only math, so I quickly answered.

"X=35"

"Correct, good job Y/n."

I smiled to myself, glad that math was one of my strongest subjects, I have decently high marks, ranging around 85-95%.

She gave us the homework sheets that we had to do, which was a lot for one day. Getting a head start, I work on the first page, struggling a bit, but brush it off my shoulder as the questions got easier. Looking back at Mary, I noticed her struggling as well, she was just a bit behind me, not gonna lie, shes prett smart as well.

"Pst Y/n, can you help me out with this question?"

"Uh sure... which one?"

"5C."

"Oh... I'm currently stuck on that one as well..."

Mumbling under my breathe, I repeat the question over and over again, trying to think of multiple ways to attack the question. What was the first step to do?

"3+4m+5m=21... the fuck?"

The bell rang, signaling that classes were over, everybody left the class, but Mary and I remained seated in our seats.

"Saotome, L/n, class is over." The teacher was sitting at her desk, a book in one hand, and a coffee in the other.

"Sorry, I'll be on my way, I have to go to the student council room anyways."

"Wait, Y/n! Do you perhaps want to work this out at the library?"

"Uh, give me a sec..."

Thinking of my response, I take my phone out and head over to Ririka's contact.

Riri❤

Hey Ririka, I'm just going to be at the library.
Sent at 12:26

If you need me, you can find me there. I'm just working on some math with a friend.
Sent at 12:28

Riri? It's with Mary... okay well see you soon. I'll head back to the council room when I finish.
Sent 12:32

"Okay, sure I'll come, then I'll go to the council room."

"Okay!"

We were chatting while walking to the library, it was quite huge for a school to have.

We went up to the second floor, it was less crowded up their, but there were still a lot of people nearby. We managed to get through all of the questions, it was just that one question we didnt understand. I thanked Mary for her help, it actually helped a LOT. I gave her a hug as a thank you, she shifted slightly in her seat, then hugged me back. But as I was about to pull away from the hug she gave me a quick peck on the lips. Reacting I quickly got up, running out towards the council room.

Mary's Pov
------------------
Damn it, why did I kiss her... I shouldnt have done that, I'm trying to get her to trust me again. It's going on a snail's pace, unlike Yumeko. She managed to get Y/n to trust her easily... but how?

I watched as she ran out the room panicked, I kinda felt bad, but her lips tasted sweet, hm I think maybe a cherry lipstick. I should go after her and apologize. Should I? Damn it, no, I'll do it tomorrow, I thinks shes going to the concert tomorrow as well. I'll say it to her then.

Y/n's POV
---------------
Running towards the council room, I had my bad on my shoulder, and my math binder tightly held across my chest. Why did she have to kiss me? Why? I know I shouldn't overreact, but still. All I wanted to do was finish the homework, then give her a hug for helping me out. Ugh.

Well, since we both didnt understand the question, I'll just ask Ririka, shes better in math than me.

--------

Walking into the student council room, I see Ririka walking back and forth, talking to someone on her phone. When she noticed my pressense she immediately stopped walking, she ran towards me, attacking me to the ground.

"Y/N!" I groaned slightly as my back hit the floor, a loud 'thud' echoed throughout the student council walls.

"Ririka, is everything okay?"

"No! I thought something happened to you! Why didn't you come here after class!"

"I texted you saying I was going to go to the library, didn't you get my text?"

"Oh... uh... actually no I did not. Well now that your here, school is over. Wanna come over to my house?"

"Wait, can we go to mine! I can introduce you to my dog!"

"You have- sure! Let's go!"

I grab her hand and lead her out the door, since there was still students inside, she left her mask on. I dragged her outside, where we found her limo and driver waiting for us. The driver got out, opening the door for us to let us in. I gave him my address and the car started to move.

I talked to Ririka about my school day, there wasn't anything interesting to really talk about though. She as well talked about her day, hers sounded a bit more interesting, as she explained that Kaede was planning on going against Kirari's orders, and how he wanted to become the next president to Hyakkao.

"Haha, as if four eyes could do better than Kirari."

"Indeed, also why were you in the library in the first place?"

"Oh well, you see... Mary and I worked on some math together..."

"Did she hurt you?"

I shake my head signaling no, leaning my head onto her shoulder, snuggling my head into her neck. She was very warm, yet her hands were cold, everywhere else was decently warm. I felt like drifting off to sleep.

-----------,1Ew sorry, short chapter

Literally me in math class... haha😂