Chapter 37

Time skip: the next day

Y/n's Pov
---------------
Waking up the following morning, I felt the warmth of my dog at the bottom of my feet. He was curled up in a small ball at the end of my bed, he likes to sleep with me, something I find comforting. But then I remembered, today was the day that Kirari had to leave.

Lazily getting up, my dog got out as well, proceeding to get out of my room. I got changed rather slowly, fixed my hair, and put some mascara, like usual. Walking down the stairs in my apartment I head to the kitchen, I got a bowl of dog food for (dogs name) then prepared some toast for me.

Finishing up, I gave my dog a small kiss on his head then walked out. It was a cold morning today, something I wasnt prepared for, I then went to a hurried jog.

Arriving at the school, I notice a helicopter on top of the roof waiting. There wasnt anybody outside yet, so I still had time. Sprinting inside, trying to get to the council room, I heard Yumeko call my name but ignore her, still running I took some sharp turns, running into a lot of people. I finally made it to the council room, only to be way out of breathe, looking up I see Kirari talking to Ririka.

"Darling, what are you doing here so early?"

"I... came... to... say... goodbye!" I huffed trying to regain my breathe, bending low so my hands were on my knees, a better position to regain my breathe.

"Well, you caught me just in time, now I really have to go."

She walked towards me, pulling me into a tight hug, her suitcase trailing right behind her. Ririka was walking just a little behind us.

Making our way to the rooftop, Sayaka came running onto the roof as well, I was aware she was uncertain of the situation, it was possibly the worst timing for her to leave.

"President!"

"Sayaka, something wrong?"

"Madame President, where are you going?"

"I'll be leaving the school for a while. Theres something that I have to see to."

"But Madame, this is the worst time. Yesterday, Midari Ikishima and Yumeko Jabami were involved in a-

"I heard. That's precisely why I must handle this."

I was still standing beside Ririka, when Kirari approaches Sayaka, resting one of her hands on Sayaka's cheek. At this I got a bit jealous, I think Ririka noticed so she put her hands around my waist, shocking me a bit. Her hair was blowing in the wind the helicopter created, I blushed a bit, and continued listening to what Kirari was saying.

"You can deal with the rest however you wish, I'm counting on you."

"But, Madame President, I need you here... please dont go!"

Damn, and I thought I was needy... Sayaka needs to chill...

"That's enough."

HAHA THE COLD SHOULDER OOF!

Walking away, she got in the helicopter, not even taking a glance back, Ririka closed the door of the helicopter, and we watch as it soars higher and higher into the sky, until it's just a small dot, the sound of the helicopter fading away.

I felt as if I were about to break into tears, watching as she flew farther away, I pulled Ririka into a hug, holding my tears in. Ririka hugged me back, still looking up at that sky as her sister vanished from sight.

---------

A week has passed since Kirari has left the school. To be honest it's quite lonely, and the fact that Ririka wasnt talking to me made it even worse. Shes been avoiding me lately, I have no idea why though, but whenever we do hang out, it's not for long. I tried contacting Kirari many times, even other council members tried, but zero replies. It made me quite worried.